Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1982 S3 suspension bolt kit.

Nigel Riches

Well I have just spent a half hour or so on the Caterham parts page, trying to find a suspension bolt / fastener kit for my elderly car, did I not search correctly? Nothing for this aged vehicle came to light. 

Anyone out there in BC world point me in the direction of a full kit of the bolts and nuts, washers for hanging the suspension to the frame, perhaps Redline would be more appropriate. 

I may not need it, but due to the pedantic nature of the vehicle certifier here I may be up for a bolt replacement in the near future. 

Any assistance gratefully received, many thanks. 

Nigel 

There is a pack for the front suspension pre 1990 De Dion, ZFS01K, which was the same as the live axle back in those days I thought?

Nothing listed as packs for the rear though.

I guess Redline would be likely to be able to assemble a kit of nuts, bolts and washers for you but you could let Darren at CC know what you are after and see what he says?

• Area Representative

I bought a set a few years ago from Redline, I'm sure Mick will be able to help you. Caterham are pretty crap these days. 

They can't even ring you back when asked!!

Kingsley. 

Thanks Jonathon.

I had a look at your link, but am not sure of the differences in a 1982 S3 and the changes made with the introduction of the De Dion chassis, but thanks anyway.

More reading and researching to be done.

However there may be a ray of light in all this, as the web page of the organisation which is charged with the inspection process has a statement too the effect, that scratch built cars (mine, it's not, it's a genuine Caterham vehicle) are not subject to LVVTA inspection. But the interpretation by the inspector varies across the country, and the NZTA are taking a look at this situation.

Nigel.