Our history

The Lotus Seven Club was established over 30 years ago, starting off as a group of friends meeting up with one big passion in common – the Seven! And at its heart, not a lot has changed! Members getting together to enjoy their cars is still what the Club is all about.

Ever since the launch of the Lotus Seven in 1957, owners had met up to talk about their cars. When Caterham Cars took over the production of the 7 in 1973, they set up the Lotus Seven Club, produced a magazine and arranged a local meeting in Surrey. Unfortunately this Club was short lived due to the time and energy needed to keep this club going. The small local meetings that had started across the country continued operating more or less in isolation.

The catalyst for the Club’s relaunch was the first International Super Seven Meeting which was held at the Beaulieu Motor Museum in May 1983. The success of this meeting resulted in the Club we see today and the Club has grown to massive proportions with over 2,500 members worldwide & it’s expanding all the time.