After a few days enforced break (a-choo), I'm back on the build.
I worked on the engine bay today. Horns and washer bottle in; no problems. I also stuck cardboard all around in an attempt to reduce the chance of damage as the engine is lowered
I decided to make a start on the gearbox. (I can't finish the front suspension until I get a couple of 1/2" nuts).
I put in the front dampers today and caught up on the RHS.
I also torqued up the bolts specified in the instructions. However, the top damper bolt was inaccessible for the torque wrench (and my ingenuity) so I did my best guess at 20Nm after practising with the torque wrench.
After a quite a bit of searching in local shops I bought some 10mm grommets for the headlight brackets. I'm in two minds whether it is worth it though. The cables are already sheathed and I don't think they would wear though.
Things I have learnt today...
I have been fiddling with the front suspension today, and this also involves fitting the lighting bracket. The instructions for the lights took a bit more time to understand but I got there in the end.