rear boot cover

Been on my list for a while but needed to tick it off... took 3hrs & a bit of faf!

1) Disconnected the seat belts... & fitted the hood sticks

2) Put a slit in the cover & removed the bar

3) drilled out holes in the top edge of the cover to line up with existing holes & loosely put back all the bolts

4) 2 at a time put in the duradot connectors. This involved taking off the bolts each time... a very dull process! I also put the wrong backing bit on a couple of them & had to drill them off, luckily I seem to have a few spare...

5) Put back the metal bar into its sleeve (having first re drilled the holes) so the seat belt bolts could go through it... This job was made doubly dull as I didn't have a metal drill bit that was big enough & had to dremmel out each hole...

I knew I wasn't going to enjoy this job... maybe I approached it with a poor attitude! but job done & it looks fine.

So now need to do the 'carpets' in the boot & put on the filler protector.

Over the weekend I had a few test pilots sitting in the car & it dawned on me that I should have put the big red belt connector on the centre console side not the side nearest to my delicate body skin... So another job for the list... hopefully it wont involve having to take the seats out...

Update: it did involve taking the seats out as I couldnt get the torque wrench onto the bolts.... but job done & bodywork saved!

So another day another 'not starting the car' achieved! but Amazon delivered a big Jerry can today so I can waste a another day buying some petrol & doing a few essential random time consuming jobs....