Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Laon Historique 2020

christinecsr7

I have spoken to the organisers today and great news we have 25 cars heading to Laon this year :-) 

There are only a few rooms left and some camping spots so if you are interested in going to this fabulous event please do contact Keiran Line on 01732879153  and remember to quote Lotus 7 Club for your discount ......

https://www.sceniccartours.com/laon/4593848024

you can email me for more details as well 

international@lotus7.club 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Anyone else wondering if it's sensible to pay the balance for this tour? No refunds it seems if you self-isolate, even on government instructions...

• Area Representative

Sir Patrick Vallance, the UK’s chief scientific officer, warned last week that the peak of the virus is expected to be 10-14 weeks away - ie exactly over the dates for Laon. France has already closed all restaurants and cafes, and Germany (where we are planning to go after Laon) has closed its border with France over the weekend.

IMO there is no way it can go ahead. 
I'm writing this from Melbourne where I travelled for no reason because people were slow to face reality, so forgive me if I sound a little terse.

Anyone booked for Laon should have received the email. below   Having spoken to Keiran (SCT)- it does look unlikely it will go ahead although they are waiting for the French Government for confirmation that the outdoor  gatherings ban will go on later than 3rd April.  

Any questions Keiran or James are on hand and they encourage you to call either of them on the number below

(Keiran Line is our main contact )

Chris  

Sent: 16 March 2020 12:18
To: SCT Administration <admin@sceniccartours.com>
Subject: Laon Historique 2020 - IMPORTANT UPDATE

Good afternoon

Following our balance reminder email last week we have understandably had a couple of calls regarding the likelihood of the event proceeding during the ongoing COVID-19 situation.

We have contacted the Laon Historique Organisers today who confirm they are still planning to run the event on the current dates unless instructed otherwise.

The current official statement from the Laon Historique Organisers is still:

Association de la Montée Historique de Laon states that:

Appropriate authorities have not informed us of the need to postpone our 29th Circuit Historique de Laon, on 30-31 May and 1st June 2020

In the event that we would not be able to go ahead with the event, Association de la Montée Historique de Laon would reschedule it to a later date in 2020.

However we understand the ever changing situations across the world and would like to delay your Laon Historique balance until April 2nd 2020. At this point we will then re-access the current situation and update  you all accordingly once again. 

We trust this information is of use, and if you have any other questions please let us know.

Kind regards,

James Wickenden 
Sales and Operations Manager

Direct Telephone:  

+44 1732 879171

• Area Representative

Yesterday France announced a raft of new restrictions on travel and leisure. Even joggers have to remain less than 1000m from their home. 
https://www.rt.com/news/483893-france-ban-jogging-coronavirus/

In light of this, the new statement on the Laon website looks more than delusional:

"Following the progression of Covid-19 and the measures put in place by the French government, on 15th April 2020 at the latest we will be able to confirm whether our event will go ahead or reschedule."

The 15th April is too late, a decision needs to be made THIS WEEK!

• Area Representative

Finally the organisers have seen the light

"The Executive Committee of l’Association de la Montée Historique de Laon regrets to inform you that the 29th Circuit Historique scheduled for 30, 31 Mai and 1st June 2020 has been cancelled."

"The event is postponed to next year, and will take place on 22, 23 and 24 May 2021, which should have been the date of our 30th Circuit Historique de Laon."