Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spain/Portugal Trip May 7th to May 16th 2019 Advance Notice!

Davesvroadsport

Join me for a 10 day holiday driving the Picos National Park and down to the fabulous Douro Valley where we'll taste the best Port, take a river cruise along the River Douro and eat some spectacular food! (did this route last year - it was written up in last month's Lowflying).

Prices (still somewhat in flux but gives a ballpark) £1200.00 for a couple and £1000 for a single.

Gives:

Round trip with your car and a private cabin

Good standard of accommodation throughout the trip

Port tasting and river cruise.

Opportunity of joining Portuguese Caterham enthusiasts for a drive around the Douro region.

Interested?

Bookings need to be made quickly for this as places fill fast. 

Think about it - but not for too long! 

Dave

Tours Organiser

The above clip details our trip last July. Skip to 10:00 and check out the Parador where we'll stay on the first night in Spain, and then the great road we'll take on the second day - all the way down to Portugal! 

No other traffic in sight!

And of you stick around a while, you'll catch some epic weather too! 

Most of us were running aeroscreens!

Mad. 

[Hehe]

Credit to Steve Shaw aka "El Presedente" for the vid.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I’m a newbie got the Caterham in May last year my wife and I toured the west coast of Ireland in June.  We are both keen on going to Europe but I’m apprehensive about having no support on my first visit with the Car.

Can you please let me have the dates to book ferries and hotel’s, as this might be an option for us.

Or advise if someone has to drop out

Best regards

Jon

Jon, nowt to do with this trip, which sounds great and if you can get to go along with them it would be a great intro to European touring, but if you are thinking of independent touring just remember, there are a lot of members spread throughout Europe, i have found in the past if you put a shout out on here they are happy to help with ideas, routes , advice and phone numbers/contact details , and there is also the European dealers network along with the odd independent , once you get the planning sorted you realise that there is a surprising amount of emergency support on tap if needed , and you can plan around it, and also meet up with some great people,  that, combined with ADAC membership, should be able to help allay the perfectly Normal concerns about leaving the country in a silly little car :-) 

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Tim,

Thank you for the reassurance.

My wife and I are in the process of planning a trip from Calais to Lake Como.  In Late May early June for 8-10 days.

Route planning in progress, but want to try the car out on the Oberalpstasse & the Via Alpsu on route.

Also need to find out about a tag, for automatic payment of motorway tolls and if the tag will work in the Caterham being so low and having a flat window screen. But going to do my best to avoid the motorways if possible

My insurance is due for renewal in May.  So going to make sure we have full European breakdown cover.

Jon

• 3 months later...

Big thanks to Dave for organising the trip to Portugal and Andre for his hospitality and entertainment in Régua.

Thanks also to all the Seven owners and wives/guests who made the whole experience an absolute joy. I will name them here and apologies if I miss anyone.

Christine & Roger, Ray & Marion, Colin & Sue, Richard & Andrea, Chris H, Alan & Helen, Dave R, Chris W, Garth & Wife (Sorry Garth name escapes me  *whistle* ), Neil, Andre & Luz and last but not least my lovely Carmen.

Cheers Phil

NikonSpain-Portugal2019(147b).thumb.jpg.94ac7a25c35d7e8c0c08834660b8c200.jpg

• Area Representative

Thank you all for coming down to the far ends of Conti Europe...

I will always be here for whoever wishes to visit Portugal, not only the Douro Valley.