Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ullapool June 2020

Kentrebel

Hi all, myself and GSK275 are going to Ullapool between 1st and 4th June this year and would be more than happy for any other 7s to join us.

We will be camping at the loch side campsite in Ullapool though of course other accomodation options are available and aim to to a blat out each day from there eg Skye, Durness etc 

We will be heading up from the North East on the morning of the 1st (which is a monday) should anyone wish to come along

Best wishes

Kenty aka Mike

Having been there on many occasions Mike I agree it is a part of the world everyone should visit at least once.

At that time of the year, you may encounter the start of the infamous 'wee beastie' season - (google Scottish midges). It would pay to go armed with plenty of Avon Skin So Soft.

Exact midge season start is difficult to predict accurately, a lot depends on the weather earlier in spring - but best be prepared

Happy to share some of the great routes up there if needed

I'd love to come along, but I'm already apporaching my quota of 'car weekends' :)

Rog

Hi Rog, Steve and I did the NC500 last year and enjoyed the west coast but were underwhelmed by the east so decided to be more focussed this year. On previous visits peak midgy has tended to be mid June onwards and we had to balance bitten risk v frostbite risk as we are camping!

BTW, neither of us has aeros *rotate* and many thanks for the advice offers

Hi,

last year we spent our Holidays on the NC500.
I  suggest the road from Lochinver to Unapool (B 869) and the road to Gairloch with great looks to the beaches.

Good food in Ullapool: The Seaforth, Bar and Restaurant and the Essence of India (not beautiful from the outside

but the food is good, warning: there is no alcohol, bring your beer with you :-)

Have much fun and a safe trip.

Peter

Personally I'm looking forward to reacquainting myself with the Ferry Boat Inn on the lochside road.

Peter, many happy hours will be spent over forthcoming winter nights perusing road maps and reflecting on advice from the wise sages of Blatchat, cheers for the info

I was up that way in early Dec (not in the 7) - lovely part of the world, but likely to be annoyingly busy in June. Plenty of daylight for dawn or dusk blats though. Friends staying at the Ferry Boat reported it was a bit grim (dirty sheets) - I was staying at the Arch which was very pleasant, and we ate at the Seaforth already mentioned above. 

Try and fit in a lap of Loch Leven either on the way up or back.