1985 Car - First MOT today

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tazio
Tazio's picture
Thanks for the kind words, bought as a covid lockdown project, Ian (Wrightpayne) and I are bordering on being almost competent now!, actually his skills and lateral thinking capabilities have pulled me out of a few holes, credit where its due. As he said the tin top number plate was originally put on our last project, and kept as a memoir, the BDR is now owned by a Le Bog Club member, Paul. ( I'd sell him the plate for the right number of readies though lol)
John Vine
John Vine's picture

BEAUTIFUL!  Excellent work all round.

JV

Neil220
Neil220's picture

Great looking car!

Tony P

Nice work, Tazio!

I'm regaining my love for flared wings, having, in the past, chucked a pair on the council tip...

Tony Pashley

Toughie
Toughie's picture

That looks just lovely Tazio.  But no more than I would have expected, with the expertise that's gone into her.

Alan

Commercial Lead

Tazio
Tazio's picture

Thanks for the kind words. the polishing of the panels only came about as the patina and markings on the panels after sitting in a garage for 34 years needed attention. I tried to just get a matt brushed look, but wasn't successful, and though now polished, the car still carries it's patina, there are marks too deep to polish out, let's call it a work in progress.....

Golf Juliet Tango

Well done Alan.  That is very smart.  I have an affection for Jupiter wheels.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

OldAndrewE
OldAndrewE's picture

Looks good Alan, I must try and speed up my project (life keeps getting in the way)

Andrew

1985 S3 1700 XFlow.  Undergoing full restoration

ACFowles
ACFowles's picture

You've clearly done an incredible job - it looks amazing!

In particular I love the flared wings.  I genuinely wish I had flared wings on my Seven as they look so much better (in my humble opinion ;-) )

terryfield
terryfield's picture

Absolutely beautiful! Well done! 

I always think the XF with flares is the archetypal Caterham ( I confess to some bias as I had one for 15 years!)

Terry7