1985 Car - First MOT today

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
aerobod
aerobod's picture

I tried to just get a matt brushed look, but wasn't successful

If a random swirl look that gives a matt finish is OK, one of these 3M abrasive wheels on a power drill works very well:

I used this on the deflector panels I made for my trailer, took about 10 minutes per panel to get the effect I wanted, here it is in bright direct sunlight:

James

Paul Gibb
Paul Gibb's picture

Awesome job Obi-Wan Clap

paul seymour
paul seymour's picture

Hi Alan, looks like you guys have done it again, looks a lovely , quality build.

Your be pleased to hear the BDR was on display for the queens 95 years celebration at the concours of elegance at hampton court palace last friday where it sat with 94 other british makes.

There was some breath taking cars on display for the weekend.

Admired by many.

Enjoy the latest build.

Tazio
Tazio's picture
Thank you Paul, Tony (TSK) sent me a pic of when she was on display as a teaser...important she is getting used. The new one will be a work in progress for a while, not happy with the clutch arrangement so she will keep me busy for a while, lol.
Wrightpayne
Wrightpayne's picture

Alan - looks like we're getting a reputation.

Perhaps a business opportunity! ?

Ian

Tazio
Tazio's picture
And our trading name would be. ......& Fixit?
Alastair B
Alastair B's picture

Alan the car looks fantastic, what a job you have both done. Have you any extra pictures we can admire of the interior? 

Tazio
Tazio's picture

Alastair, it's along cockpit car with a traditional bench seat, which I've retained ( well for the passenger). The problem is at 5 ft 7 and shrinking, I couldn't reach the pedals!, so have fitted a cut down Tillett. The floor was the major concern so we have fitted another floor panel under the seat, and under the car, have transferred the ally seat supports off the old BDR chassis to spread the load into the chassis cross braces. Luckily it comes with a one piece tonneau, so you can make it quite snug. You know I am an aero sort of guy, I've tried it with doors and a windscreen, and find it weird, fussy, with compromised vision, so suspect they won't be on long.

Have things to do, carbs though balanced are a bit flat on small throttle openings, and I want it flat floored, but seems like all the places I trust are booked until early December....poor planning on my part methinks. Here's a pic.

Sooty
Sooty's picture
Stunning, welcome to the clamshell clan Alan

David "Sooty" Sutton - Full blown Carbon Tart

Olgawld
Nice one Alan. Looking good. You and Ian have done a grand job. Shall look forward to seeing it on the road sometime.