2019 F1 SEASON INCL SPOILERS

312 posts / 0 new
Last post
john aston
john aston's picture

You are the only person who has seen Bottas in a Ferrari, Derek  . Maybe it's your Betamax tapes getting a bit fuzzy ?

aerobod
aerobod's picture

I think he’s getting a false positive on the red cars on his B&W TV.

James

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Your right its the black and  white tele will have to get one of those fancy colored ones 

poss a nice red one 

derek

betamax your showing your age John I don’t no what one is who drives for Betamax 

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture
Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Just looked at the list Jonathan two progs came to mind. Loved the likely lads   And also  boys from the black stuff was great   Sorry not a big fan of Monty python 

sad sod aren’t I 

Derek 

funny how some programs are always repeated.  But lot not poss no ethical or something like 

One of the best ones was love thy neighbor.  But would dare not show it now you would be shot for being racist 

but to me it was great. They used to both give each other abuse 

it’s the bloody do gooders who want shooting 

Ivaan
Ivaan's picture

Can't believe that as a kid I sat and watched Til Death Do Us Part with the rest of the family. Hope we all saw it as a send up.

"it’s the bloody do gooders who want shooting" sounds just like Alf.  

BECs Rule !
Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

must admit I now tape racers and fast forward to watch 

The problems with F1 as entertainment are pretty well rehearsed. There isn't as much overtaking as many would like, the speed and technology aren't obvious, and some cars are consistently faster than others. And there's much more drama in other types of motorsport.

But does skipping improve the sensation? For me it would remove what is interesting: qualifying, tyre strategy, competition within teams, when to push and when not, which is a decision made across multiple races, and what Verstappen and his team will manage to come up with.

But I can't understand strategies without expert support... and no-one will tell me where to look now that JA on F1 has gone...

Jonathan

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Hi Ivaan    used to like that as well but as I say now you cannot say what you want.   We’re has  free speech gone.  

The worlds gone mad.  Now every thing has to be so correct 

Derek 

john aston
john aston's picture

But JK , you're saying you like the stuff that , essentially, is just spreadsheets and algorithms. That's fine , but I don't even like pitstops at all , as they produce virtual overtaking by undercut and overcut . I can see why people focus on this though  , because it hasn't got much else to rival it on track. 

But while many  of us can remember Mansell's move on Piquet at Stowe , 32 years ago , I bet  I am far from being alone in failing to remember anything at all about Red Bull's tyre choice and pit stop timing - from only yesterday ....

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

I was discussing what's interesting about F1 as it is, not what F1 ought to be like, not what it used to be like, and certainly not what people think it was like. That's why I wrote the first sentence first!

Jonathan