2021 F1 SEASON INCL SPOILERS

740 posts / 0 new
Last post
Harry Flatters
Harry Flatters's picture
2021 F1 SEASON INCL SPOILERS

Well I can't wait for next year....

I'm off to Silverstone - COVID permitting.

Here's what we've got to look forward to:

21 March – Australia (Melbourne)
28 March – Bahrain (Sakhir)
11 April – China (Shanghai)
25 April – TBC (TBC)
9 May – Spain (Barcelona)*
23 May – Monaco (Monaco)
6 June – Azerbaijan (Baku)
13 June – Canada (Montreal)
27 June – France (Le Castellet)
4 July – Austria (Spielberg)
18 July – United Kingdom (Silverstone)
1 August – Hungary (Budapest)
29 August – Belgium (Spa)
5 September – Netherlands (Zandvoort)
12 September – Italy (Monza)
26 September – Russia (Sochi)
3 October – Singapore (Singapore)
10 October – Japan (Suzuka)
24 October – USA (Austin)
31 October – Mexico (Mexico City)
14 November – Brazil (Sao Paulo)*
28 November – Saudi Arabia (Jeddah)
5 December – Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi)

I get that there will be personalities who, for your own reasons, you may dislike, but please, can I ask that we keep this thread for friendly and civil discussions and observations on F1 and let's dispense with the personal insults and attacks.

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

It will be interesting to see if Melbourne goes ahead ,as is not that far away and Aussie is strict on COVID ,,,ask poor old Bruce locked up in his wine cellar ,,,think it's easing a bit there now ,suppose depends what it is like after Xmas ,,IOM TT in June has been  cancelled ,Manx  goes on on August  COVID permitting 

Derek

ScottR400D

I’ll be off to the USA GP all being well. Trip was planned for this year with my son but, of course, was cancelled. 

My biggest hope is that it’s not all a forgone conclusion by June, assuming the calendar runs to plan. Somehow I think I’ll need to wait another year for that. 

You may be right to wonder about Melbourne, Derek, though I would think a closed race would be a possibility. The race is important to the city, but they won’t want to risk a last minute debacle like this year so may just opt for no spectators very early on. 

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Your right Scott re Melbourne ,,they have done a good job in F1 ,,re  COVID so poss run it without spectators ,,thing is with TT  riders and teams come for two weeks from all over the world ,,some camp some hotels and B B  so it would be impossible to isolate like GP. Have done ,,and they poss need two months notice to book travel ect ,,,another point is there is not the money in TT  as GP , so poss a few teams cannot afford it ,,also may not be the sponsorship around as usual due to hard times ,,don't no if you are into bikes ,,but the courage and skill is way above GP. Racers ,,but diff sports ,,one of the best ever bike racers came over a few years ago did a lap of circuit ,,,ROSSI ,when they interviewed him he could not belive possible the speeds they do ,,made bike GP  look tame 

yes I no I'm biased 

that's if the Manx borders are open ,,,suppose it all comes down to the vaccine working ,,

derek

ScottR400D

Yes, Derek, I’m a big bike fan. I follow Moto GP, TT and other road races. 

I was on holiday in NZ at the beginning of the year. We passed through Invercargill and I spent a great few hours in the Classic Motorcycle Museum. which has one of the best collections of classic British bikes I’ve seen including quite a few Goldies I’d love to own. 

We also found our hotel was just across the road from where Burt Munro  (The World’s fastest Indian?) is buried and paid our respects at his memorial. We found it funny when after wandering around the cemetery for 45 minutes looking for his memorial we finally went to the admin office.  As soon as you walk in there’s a solitary hand written sign: “Burt Munro plot 23/100”!

So, yes, I’m into bikes. 

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Well if you ever come to IOM to watch TT or classic your welcome here we must have best spot on course right on ballaugh bridge ,,,but if you want a kipper bap ,,you will have to wrestle  one of pete ,

derek 

Wrightpayne
Wrightpayne's picture

Did I read correctly that there will be 3 (b)millionaires sons in F1 in 2021? 

ScottR400D

Stroll, Mazapin, Latifi?

Wrightpayne
Wrightpayne's picture

Yes, those are the three. I guess the cost of the sport needs wealthy backers / sponsors but I'm not convinced it brings the best drivers. Happy to be proven wrong and they must have an acceptable level of talent to get their super licence.

Harry Flatters
Harry Flatters's picture

Personally, I don't think they all cut it.

Stroll has some speed, but he is too inconsistent and has this habit of just falling down the ranks when his head goes down. Never really see any fire in his belly. His interviews seem to show the same.

Latifi, not much to say about him, except he is probably taking a seat that any number of better drivers could have. But money talks. I wonder how he would have fared in the Merc.....

Mazapin, looks like trouble. His antics on track are questionable at best and on social media, well enough said. That said the guy can clearly race and he does have some real spark. Clean up is act and maybe he'll make something of his seat.

john aston
john aston's picture

Well, I am looking forward to Zandvoort nearly as much as I am doing the reverse in respect of the Grand Prix de Saudi. If the W Series is racing then we can presumably look forward to Jamie Chadwick and her  colleagues racing with a veil , so as to be compliant  with local ...err ..custom ? 

I have enjoyed this year far more than I hoped for and hope that Lewis gets his knighthood . I wish we were returning to Imola . Portimao and Mugello in '21  - I'd happily give up rubbish tracks like Sochi . I look forward to spectators  returning too ; at Monza , Silvrrstone and Brazil (especially )  they add so much to the sense of occasion . I'm sure most people on here have been to  Grands Prix in person but if you haven't , it is a very different , and far , far better experience than watching on telly .

Being among a crowd of  thousands of fired up Brits or Italians at the start of a GP is just amazing - and I am wondering if Joanne can be persuaded that a trip to Holland in September  is a runner. Zandvoort may be like Skegness , but I loved the old circuit , where I saw Lauda's last ever win in 85 - and  the prospect of a gazillion fired up Verstappen supporters - hmmm , tempting !