2021 F1 SEASON INCL SPOILERS

740 posts / 0 new
Last post
elie boone

You do have an slight advantage if your father is wealthy, can hire a race track with a 2018 Mercedes f1 and Van Doorne as tutor for the day.

Harry Flatters
Harry Flatters's picture

#21, Of course I would give him a seat, but only up to the point that it was apparent that by not replacing him meant my F1 team's aspirations were being hampered by not having the best available drivers in my cars. If, on the other hand, Lawrence is only here to facilitate his boy's dream of driving in F1 and doesn't care about the overall results, then IMVHO he's doing a massive disservice to the sport and to everyone that works at RP/AM and doesn't deserve to be on the grid. However, I don't believe that is his raison d'etre and I think Lawrence is probably a man conflicted.

In a sense this is a worse situation than Latifi at Williams. At least there, Latifi brings massively needed funds to a struggling team. Poorer teams being compelled to take pay drivers to survive has ever been thus, but that is not the case for Lance.

Look, I don't give a monkey's whether Lance is on the grid or not, I just want to see the best cars driven by the best drivers, otherwise what's the point?

Anyway, as ever John, we will probably disagree, but then that's what makes these discussions all the more enjoyable. Thumb Up

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

If it's one of your kids and you can afford it you will do it ,,and tell others to keep there nose out of your business 

derek

john aston
john aston's picture

Harry F - my ideal F1 is far less prescriptive than now . As long as your driver has a super licence and you've got a car , then you can  turn up and have a pop at qualifying , or pre qualifying. No gazilion quid bonds, no mandatory two car teams , no obligation to do every race and no ban on  customer cars either .

If that devalues the - retch - brand values of F1 , erodes F1's pathological sense of self importance and  reattaches it to the wider world of motorsport then ....result.    Byebye

Tony P

<<  If that devalues the - retch - brand values of F1 , erodes F1's pathological sense of self importance and  reattaches it to the wider world of motorsport then ....result.  >>

Spot on.

So Stroll turned out to be a bit better than many folks expected (me included). And there are those that have done a worse job this season, notwithstanding RP's more promising equipment. I'm told from the inside that the team like him, that he's serious and respectful of the opportunity he has and the work the team put in for him.

Stroll Snr must be quite the businessman (well, obvious really!) - but he convinced his group of co-investors to buy into a team with his son as a core element, despite what everyone else was saying and thinking about his prospects. It's hard to believe they all went along just for the thrill of the ride.

Lance isn't the first, ot last, to have had his path eased by a very rich parent buying a serious, professional, team for him.
There's another one pitching up on the Grand Prix grid next year - although this one comes with an unfortunate reputation for unpleasant behaviour, much of which I'd find it all too easy to attribute to a sense of *entitlement*.

Tony Pashley

john aston
john aston's picture

Da, ve samom dele , as they say on t'other side of t'Volga.. 

Bricol

Saw a brilliant comment today . . . Messi and Ronaldo are intending to play for Norwich to prove its not the team . . .

I have no idea who or what any of those names are, apart from one is a place in Norfolk . . . :)

simon_h
simon_h's picture

So Perez confirmed at Red Bull for 2021. Be interesting to see how he does there

Mark Gregory
Mark Gregory's picture

Great News! It will be interesting to see how he fares against Max. I feel sorry for Alex, he made a good start, but seemed to lose his confidence & could not maintain the momentum.

I'm looking forward to the new season with all the new faces, why can't the first GP be on January 1st?

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Should be interesting ,,will,se how good max is up against  a good driver ,,,wonder if he had any input to his partner driver 

Derek