2021 F1 SEASON INCL SPOILERS

740 posts / 0 new
Last post
Edzup Ezzer
Edzup Ezzer's picture

Scott, you miss my point.  There is no difference in the set-up between the two incidents.  However, there is a considerable difference in the respective outcomes.  On lap one, turn 4, Verstappen hits the apex as Hamilton avoids the inevitable contact by taking to the 'infield' and both are able to continue whilst on the second occasion Hamilton misses the apex yet Verstappen still hits him with the inevitable consequences.  Yet he accuses Hamilton of 'squeezing' him - extraordinary double standard applied in his interpretation of the two incidents on his part if you ask me. 

Tony P

Sausages should come with a health warning…

Konstantin Terenshenko at Spa, 2014: 
YouTube video here

Alex Peroni at Monza, 2019: 
YouTube video here, 1 minute in

Tony Pashley

aerobod
aerobod's picture

The Peroni crash seemed to be the kerb destroying all downforce, followed by the car becoming airborne due to a positive angle of attack producing massive lift when the front bounced off the ground.

James

john aston
john aston's picture

The silly protestations on how guilt and innocence should be apportioned , spouted by drivers , fomented by teams and adopted by  fan bases for the two camps are daft. This isn't Schumacher ramming Hill , nor Senna doing the same so cynically on Prost. It's two drivers arguing over the same bit of tarmac , and forced to do so because overtaking as it used to be practised, before huge aero grip and tiny braking zones , is now no  longer possible. 

This was a trivial little shunt at a speed I exceed on the way to Tescos , it just ended up with an added bit of drama , which bruised egos and not much else . I can't take seriously any of the po faced crap the likes of Christian Horner come out with - it's amateur hour mind games . It's not quite as bad as the stream of pap  from drivers on the radio - ' He pushed  me off ' bleats the driver whose over stupidly ambitious overtake  went wrong . I wish team bosses would tell them to STFU and concentrate on the driving 

Harry Flatters
Harry Flatters's picture

Nicely put John. However. I do wish you'd get off the fence sometimes and say it like it is Hehe

Tony Whitley
Tony Whitley's picture

If I may ask, is your route to Tesco's through a built-up area? Readit

[F1 cars are..] entering the Variante del Rettifilo at 86 km/h (53 mph) in first gear, and exiting at 74 kilometres per hour (46 mph) in second gear.

john aston
john aston's picture

Only partly..  Driving 

opplock
opplock's picture

I go to the COOP a damn sight quicker than that. Apart from the 40 and 30 limits that account for about 15% of the route.  

rgrigsby

Just seen this on the F1 site, 360 degree footage of the Max/Lewis crash. I didn't realise they had these cameras on the cars, its a shame we don't see more of this footage.