The Alpine A110 thread

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wrightpayne
Wrightpayne's picture

Got this in Morrisons for my sons extensive (unopened) collection....

Golf Juliet Tango
Are you going to paint it metallic blue for him?

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

Wrightpayne
Wrightpayne's picture

He's just told me he has one already, in blue. Doh!!

Golf Juliet Tango
Boys and their toys eh?

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

WobblyWeb
WobblyWeb's picture

Renault F1 Team (Enstone) sign Concorde Agreement and will be called Alpine F1 from 2021......!

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12064188/renault-to-be-known-as-alpine-f1-team-from-2021-season

Woohoo

Martin J
Martin J's picture

Anybody else had any A110 experiences?  I have been contributing to a thread on Pistonheads (Frenchbred) 

Looking at Spring next year as a possible time to buy, my job permitting. 

aerobod
aerobod's picture

Looking at Spring next year as a possible time to buy, my job permitting

Probably best to factor in an additional 10% in the budget to allow for No Deal tariffs on cars, if you are buying new.

James

CHRIS TODD

My brother has had one for a year. Loves it but somewhat shocked at the servicing costs.

Might be worth asking the question before purchase if that concerns you.

Martin J
Martin J's picture

Thanks Chris, I am prepared for that and once out of warranty may even look at a good independent.   Doubt I will be looking new unless there is an exceptional deal. 

JonT
JonT's picture

IIRC the first couple of services are ~£400, which I agree it outrageous for an oil change. Unfortunately the undertray has to come off (much like an Elise) so I assume most of it is labour. The oil itself is the same 0W40 as other RenaultSport cars use (not surprising as it's a megane engine) and filters nothing special either. I DIY'd a running in change after 1k miles and the thing that took longest was working out which undertray to unbolt Rofl

The servicing is still going to be much less than the depreciation and don't forget for the first 5 years it's in the high car tax band. 

As mentioned above, once out of warranty I expect to use an Indy. The only annoyance I've found is that non-Alpine dealers can't sell you alpine specific parts - even if you know the part number. 

Mind you, if you think service bits are bad, don't ask about the replacement wipers (since it has the spray bar integrated, they're non-standard). I'll be looking at some sort of DIY generic replacement next time, I think 90s Pugs like the 405 had a spray bar mounted on the blade which is probably good enough.