American Civil War - 2020!

118 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steve Newman
American Civil War - 2020!
How long before Trump denies incitement? https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/18/donald-trump-supporters-gather-huge-groups-president-tells-defy-lockdown-12575983/
DougBaker
DougBaker's picture
Well let's hope for the rest of the residents in the states that the President feels he should attend a good number of these large events to inspire his voters.
Steve Newman
Seeing the news just now it feels like it's getting closer!
Bricol

A mate of mine in Chicago says he's thinking about buying a gun - and he never thought he'd either think it, or say it!

I'm not too sure of the ability of a protest in London to affect things 4000 miles away . . . 

Blokko
Blokko's picture

I'm in a double bubble that shields me from 'real' America (Covid self-isolation and the fact that much of Massachusetts is not representative of the rest of the country).

That said, from what I've seen of the local news, there are two separate types of mass protest going on right now.  One in the red (Republican) states, where they are protesting about Covid restrictions and the other in Blue (Dem) states where they are protesting about police brutality.

In the current climate, and with upcoming elections, I think that the number of protests that turn violent is only going to increase.  Regardless of the outcome I think there will be violence come the announcement of the results of the presidential elections.  If Trump loses narrowly, could this lead to what Trump has referred to as the "second amendment folks" taking up arms?

Steve.
Proud poster of mindless drivel on BlatChat since 2006.  

Golf Juliet Tango

If Trump loses narrowly, could this lead to what Trump has referred to as the "second amendment folks" taking up arms?

They are the ones with the armoury (or armory as they would spell it).

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

petegammonplug
petegammonplug's picture

I wonder if Bricol’s mate in Chicago is considering arming himself due to the placard waving and horn honking Covid lockdown protests by people wanting to get back to work, or due to the ‘peaceful protests’ (© CNN) against police brutality involving looting, rioting, arson and violence, or even the Democrat and Antifa backed looting, rioting, arson and violence, attempting to overthrow a democratically elected government.

Tough call.

No doubt though you will tell me it’s due to MAGA hat wearing, Right wing, White Supremacists razing the country like the Visigoth hoards. 

Roadsport06
Roadsport06's picture
Pete, could you direct me to some reading regarding Democrat backed looting, rioting, arson and violence, attempting to overthrow a democratically elected government.
aerobod
aerobod's picture

Seems like from the Minnesota arrests made and weapons seized, law enforcement there now think agitators are stirring things up, but not necessarily from the left: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/george-floyd-protests-white-supremacists-minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul-a9541676.html

Any extremists (no matter which affiliation) or anybody breaking the law need to be dealt with, but most people have been reported as protesting peacefully. Here is the Houston Chief of Police's opinion: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/06/01/houston-police-chief-art-acevedo-trump-mouth-shut-vpx.cnn bearing in mind he labels himself a lifelong Republican, but currently a RINO (Republican In Name Only).

James

petegammonplug
petegammonplug's picture

Morning Roadsport,

I could direct you to Biden for President staffers donating to rioters, statements by Fairfax Virginia Democrats, statements by Nikki Haley and plenty more. However I’m not your personal internet search engine and I wouldn’t like to deny you the opportunity of researching something yourself outside of your bubble. You probably believe there are no Democratic connections with Antifa and BLM.

White Supremacists. I knew it. You didn’t disappoint. And those peaceful protests are all over the news. Nothing to see here.

To get back to the point, no one is guessing why Bricol’s mate is thinking of arming himself.

DougBaker
DougBaker's picture

I am not totally sure about this having not watched that much coverage but I suspect that supporting the people who the Antifa (Anti Facists) oppose might not be the right moral choice.

As to Americans and their Guns there has never been any logic which makes any sense to me in that argument.