American Civil War - 2020!

151 posts / 0 new
Last post
Golf Juliet Tango

Derek, the Capitol police have a $460m annual budget yet they failed in their duty.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

opplock
opplock's picture

I spent about 3 hours watching coverage last night. Mostly on Sky News and for about an hour on CNN while Sky had a news review program on. 

The lack of security was scandalous. There had been ample warning of demonstrations so serious questions to be answered. The Capitol Police are I believe under Federal control.  

I was amazed by the CNN coverage. The presenters and reporters made no attempt to disguise their visceral hatred of Trump supporters. If CNN's regular news coverage is as partisan I'm hardly surprised that the thugs distrust the media and inhabit a world of internet conspiracy theories. 

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Think the trouble is after all the agro the American cops are getting ,,they dare not use force ,,never thought you would see American cops backing down like that ,,,,

derek

Golf Juliet Tango

Stephen

Steve Newman
blueyedbiker
blueyedbiker's picture

Without wading through the hundreds of Trump related BC pages I assume that the "Daily Show's" Jordan Klepper interviews at MAGA rallies have been highlighted?  If not, a trawl through YouTube on the subject explains quite a lot.

aerobod
aerobod's picture

At least 21 military or police members or recent ex-members now identified in the storming of the Capitol, including a Lt Col who was photographed with handcuff zip ties for hostages: https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/america-votes/u-s-capitol-rioters-included-highly-trained-ex-military-and-cops-1.5267962

James

Golf Juliet Tango

Frightening stuff but sadly not surprising.

Stephen

Steve Newman
Probably the USA's greatest current threat to peace is from within despite and likely in part because of the Donald telling them he loves them all. The rest of January must be a worrying time for internal security services.
Blokko
Blokko's picture

There were claims of evidence of capture / kill teams, but this has since been rolled back.

The count of current / ex police and military who have been charged in relation to events at the Capitol continues to rise.

I was amazed by the CNN coverage. The presenters and reporters made no attempt to disguise their visceral hatred of Trump supporters. If CNN's regular news coverage is as partisan I'm hardly surprised that the thugs distrust the media and inhabit a world of internet conspiracy theories. 

Unfortunately there is no such thing as news shows in the US, just hyper-partisan networks pushing opinion and comment.  If you think CNN is bad, you should try Fox, OAN and NewsMax.  This is an interesting article about the history of Fox and CNN.

Police officers who were on duty at the Capitol on the 6th share their stories. 

Steve.
Proud poster of mindless drivel on BlatChat since 2006.