38 posts / 0 new
Last post
DougBaker
DougBaker's picture
Americas Cup 2021

The first of the competitive races in the buildup to the Americas cup are now taking place.

Full coverage available from Americas Cup on Youtube

Technical gremlins from the INEOS boat on the first day but they did complete races on day two.

varadybj
varadybj's picture

It's more like "Lowflying" rather than sailing.

Bert Varady, USA

abbot
abbot's picture

I have to say the fast cut editing of that film made it unwatchable for me.  It gave me a headache.

Ivaan
Ivaan's picture

The racing isn't very close or dramatic. Inious boat very slow compared to the others. Hope they can find something in the next couple of weeks.

BECs Rule !
Piers300
Piers300's picture

One of my best pals went to the USA as the second engineer on the De Savory America’s Cup Team. He never came back, as he met an American girl and got married. We are still in monthly contact. It was very exciting at the time but they were not successful.

DougBaker
DougBaker's picture

First days racing in the Prada Cup which will decide who goes up against the New Zealanders to compete for the Cup itself.

Highlights on Youtube

You can see the full length races as well from the same source.

1.6K Roadsport SV

abbot
abbot's picture

Bugger not available in France.

I watched this Americas Cup Rigs and Remedies   Comments form the boss of North Sails were surprisingly positive about Team Ineos and their problems.  Fascinating insight into control of the sail (foil) shape and form

DougBaker
DougBaker's picture

I think Canal+ has coverage in France, based on info from here https://www.americascup.com/how-to-watch

1.6K Roadsport SV

Adam Godfrey
Adam Godfrey's picture

Great result today from Ben and the Ineos team.  It sounds like they changed most of the boat but it seems to have worked.

On track for challenging the Kiwis.

David Brown

Incredible technology but is it sailing? Interesting comments from North Sail boss about the possibility of adjusting wing sails shapes versus reefing in heavy winds being fed back to conventional yachts. 

abbot
abbot's picture

I dont subscribe to Chanel+ but just watched the rces on youtube.

Great start however I am not sure that is a good light wind tests.