Calling all 160 owners

375 posts / 0 new
Last post
NedK
Calling all 160 owners

A mighty handful of us (Martin B2, PeterM, stallard68, 700newtons and I) were lucky enough to be able to lean on each other during our builds in 2015.

But as new 160 builders/owners arrive (Ben_Davis, James_seven, hampster, who else?) there's nowhere obvious to congregate on Blatchat.

If you have a 160, or are thinking about getting one, feel free to join in the fun - or at least reply! Happy to share tips or listen to those of others. (Less happy to talk about how the country has gone to dogs, or health and safety gone mad etc etc. Plenty of other threads for that)

All the best

Ned

nickh7

gent round the corner from me (Huddersfield) his is due next 6 weeks I think.  I am sure he'll be grateful of your advice . I am going give him a hand too , poor s0d  

"I take her to the floor, looking for a moment when the world feels right"

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

Sounds like a multi-author wiki would be ideal, but we don't have those yet. How about a Guide or Blog with periodic updating by a shop steward with what pops up in forums or elsewhere?

Jonathan (1800 K but if I were buying now it would be a 160)

The_ASH

For now in lieu of a 160 wiki why not just start a topic on here called 'The 160 thread' or something similar so it's simple to find using the search function. Another possible plan of attack as suggested by JK could be a multi author 160 blog, I enjoyed reading the various blogs as the first crop were built which made me seriously consider one.

Ashley. Another 160 fancier...

nickh7

I love the idea of a 160  my only worry is that on a clear road they'd be a hoot but the lack of grunt would mean getting stuck behind the 42mph brigade for too long . 

"I take her to the floor, looking for a moment when the world feels right"

The_ASH

True but around my area a 160 would I think lend itself to the large number of speed limits and growing population density, the couple I've driven made for a more entertaining drive as the car was more enjoyable in the speed range available. I'm sold on one but am perhaps £5k short of an S kit :-(

Golf Juliet Tango
Could owners create a series of useful pages using this site's blog facilities? If the group of owners always tagged your blogs with a distinctive phrase such as 160 Owners Group" or "160 builders" which you used every time, it might serve as a wiki.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

For now in lieu of a 160 wiki why not just start a topic on here called 'The 160 thread' or something similar so it's simple to find using the search function.

Agree in theory, but unless the 160 crew behave very differently from BC in general it won't work. The place is littered with great information scattered across multiple threads. And lost in the process.

Jonathan

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

... but around my area a 160 would I think lend itself to the large number of speed limits and growing population density, the couple I've driven made for a more entertaining drive as the car was more enjoyable in the speed range available.

Exactly how it feels from a few miles N. And less power shouldn't mean less fun on trackdays.

Jonathan

Golf Juliet Tango
Multiple threads aren't an issue. In my view (I know you differ here) short, simple threads are easier to sift and comprehend that long discursive ones.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

700newtons
700newtons's picture

I think that this is 'the 160 thread', and a good idea Ned.