Calling all 160 owners

375 posts / 0 new
Last post
James-Seven

Hi all 160 owners.

just a quick bit of info for those who have purchased a 160. A batch of 160's were fitted with faulty throttle bodies which Caterham are aware of, but appear not to have made customers aware. If you appear to have an engine light fault, lambador sensor fault or engine stutter, this is most likely the issue.

on a happier note I have now fitted an plain Ali dash and converted from aeroscreen to polished windscreen and wipers (such luxury).

on a sad note, I am thinking of selling as I don't use very much still less than 700 miles. Think I have spent more time polishing. 

Having owned many different models of Caterham I think this model gets to you sole as it is more like the designer intended.

James-Seven

Hi all 160 owners.

just a quick bit of info for those who have purchased a 160. A batch of 160's were fitted with faulty throttle bodies which Caterham are aware of, but appear not to have made customers aware. If you appear to have an engine light fault, lambador sensor fault or engine stutter, this is most likely the issue.

on a happier note I have now fitted an plain Ali dash and converted from aeroscreen to polished windscreen and wipers (such luxury).

on a sad note, I am thinking of selling as I don't use very much still less than 700 miles. Think I have spent more time polishing. 

Having owned many different models of Caterham I think this model gets to you sole as it is more like the designer intended.

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

700 miles in how long? That doesn't sound particularly low...

What would encourage you to do more?

Jonathan

James-Seven

Hi Jonathan

I am afraid I have a recurring back problem which 2 years of operations doesn't seem to have cured which has impacted on driving the seven. This is why I am tempted to sell, but it's a hard choice to make.

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

Sorry to hear that.

Jonathan

Dorset7
Dorset7's picture

That's only as a result of clearly defined threads being hijacked and taken along a route they were never intended to travel with tenuous comment and links!

Dorset

700newtons
700newtons's picture

I would imagine that going any distance with a sore back would be tough. At least you had fun building it.

It would be interesting to see what sort of price used 160s settle at. There have not been many.

Simon

NedK

For those wanting to take the plunge, with a good chance of getting the car on the road this summer, Oakmere in Northwich appear to have two 160S kits ready to go. 

Link here.

Ned

PeterM
PeterM's picture

Thread spotted and great to have a '160 talking shop' where all can share the joy. 

Paul 160

Good idea Ned, I was wondering if we could have the same thing myself especially for the different kind of upgrades we can try in our cars.

I got my kit the other day and I'm currently five days into the build. I've be going through yours and 700newtons blogs on a daily basis. I did mean to blog as I went along but you guys have covered everything - and I'm lazy! :)