Calling all 160 owners

375 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

:-)

Jonathan

stallard68

I've not had any starting issues hot or cold, It seems to start on the button every time with no problems. 

Mike

NedK

Liked your photo in the mag, Mike! My car is pretty dry with the hood up, but I have to leave the screen heater on to see anything much...

All the best

Ned

stallard68

Thanks Ned, I was really pleased to see the photo in in the mag, It was a rubbishy day non stop rain and I just wanted to drive the car ,rain or shine. I did have the half hood on which I have on most of the time and it's nice and easy to take on and off which is than can be said of the full hood which I think I have only ever used once.

Im not sure if you have seen it ,but on my blog I've put some details of a racing 160 at the Fuji track in Japan worth a look at the YouTube link ,I also like the look of the aero screen and full roll cage on the car.

http://caterham160.blogspot.co.uk/

Mike

Martin B2
I've had no starting issues hot or cold Regards Martin
700newtons
700newtons's picture

How are the new 160 builders getting on? Progress report please...

Paul 160

Just sorting a few finishing touchest this weekend and next and then its off to the IVA on the 24th.

700newtons
700newtons's picture

Ah best of luck with that. Has it all gone fairly smoothly?

Simon

700newtons
700newtons's picture

Ned, 

How was your Goodwood track day? How did car cope with it?

Simon

NedK

Hi Simon

It was... challenging! The weather was rubbish and the track was very wet. All those adverse camber corners that seem fun in the dry become pretty scary in the wet. Locked up under braking lots of times, and spent a lot of time trying not to slide off. I didn't come of the track (unlike quite a few others), so that was a victory in itself! The track dried out a little later on and then it was a bit easier.

But the skinny tyres that are so much fun in the dry are really a disadvantage in the wet, for me. On my own, I'd have been tempted to slide more around the corners, but with someone else's newly restored D-type Jag behind you, you don't really want to!

I'm doing Thruxton in a Formula Renault later this week, and then shall be at the Intro to Sprinting day. Plus, I'm down for the handling day at Dunsfold.

N