Castle Combe Autumn Classic - 3rd & 4th October 2020 - 29th September: IMPORTANT SAFETY UPDATES

71 posts / 0 new
Last post
Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture
Castle Combe Autumn Classic - 3rd & 4th October 2020 - 29th September: IMPORTANT SAFETY UPDATES

29th September: The following links may be of some interest to attendees regarding to the adherence of COVID regs by Motorsport UK for the Autumn Classic.  Please read & inwardly digest.  http://www.ccracingclub.co.uk/assets/downloadable-content/MOTORSPORT-UK-FACE-MASKS-GUIDEANCE2.pdf     http://www.ccracingclub.co.uk/assets/downloadable-content/FINAL-INSTRUCTIONS.pdf  In this link please note well the paragraph in orange.  The following links supply the timetables for both days: http://www.ccracingclub.co.uk/assets/downloadable-content/Timetable-2020-Sat.pdf       http://www.ccracingclub.co.uk/assets/downloadable-content/Timetable-2020-Sun.pdf

This forecast appears to be very optimistic considering that dear old Carol on BBC Breakfast is forecasting the probability of biblical rain & wind for the two days:  https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcnkxzs45#?date=2020-10-03      To be regularly updated during this week.

26th September - The circuit has now stated that there will be catering outlets at the event. One will be situated at the end of the club parking area.

24th September - The circuit web site is now advertising a limited number of public admission tickets for sale with a controlled spectator zone at Quarry. A controlled spectating area for those parked in the club avenue will be more than likely. 

23nd September -  The circuit is reviewing the implications of Tuesday 22nd changes in COVID restriction. Every one booked should have received their tickets by now. Please take note of the COVID info enclosed as well as the navigation info. Entry will be via the RED gate (as usual) which is situated at the North/North West corner of the circuit just off the B4039. The club parking area is situated on the long (200m/656ft!!) strip of grass by the armco on the straight between Westway & Camp Corner. Any member wishing to volunteer to assist in set up of the ESV & possibly the Coleman Shelter can enter after 07:00. Set up will be from 07:30. Drop me a line if you wish to volunteer. Max number required is four persons. Once again please take note of the COVID advice further down the page. 

The main thing is - enjoy - as this will be the first & last event of this nature for the club. OK correct me if I am wrong!

Attendance is as follows: Saturday - 56 cars & 76 members.  Sunday - 40 cars & 55 members.

25 car clubs have registered including Historic Lotus Register, Historic Lotus Club & Club Lotus. Other clubs include Jowett, Lancia, Jaguar & Marcos.

Set over TWO days to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the circuit there will be at least six grids per day producing hair raising & elbows out racing.  

Tickets should be received NLT one week before the event. If for any reason there is a problem with the tickets then call the circuit office: 01249 782417.

Anything else: [email protected]

If you hold a club area feather flag or can loan one from your AR then please bring it with you. Lets make our mega car park stand out. Thumb Up

Arrow Right  Volunteers required - Saturday 07:30 - maximum of four to assist in the ESV awning & Coleman Shelter erection. Sunday PM dismantling of same. If you wish to volunteer: [email protected]. First come first served!                     

COVID 19 advice for those attending:

The general circuit guidance - quote - 'We ask all those attending the venue to please wear a face covering in all buildings including the cafe (not open) and toilets'. But hopefully there will be more general guidance with the tickets.

For members guidance & safety please consider this advice:

General personal safety:

1. If you suspect that you have any symptoms of COVID or an individual close to you displays symptoms then please do not attend.
  2. Please park your car as directed.
  3. Please do not gather in groups of more than six persons to spectate, occupy the ESV undercover area, ESV outside seating or the parking area
  4. Please observe the minimum social distancing - yes it is an outside event but a little consideration goes a long way.
  5. Please bring a suitable face covering or mask. As a JIC disposable gloves & hand sanitiser.
  6. Bring your own food & drink as the circuit café will not be open.
  7. If you volunteer to assist in erection or dismantling of the ESV awning or Coleman shelter you should wear a suitable face covering or mask & gloves (work or disposable) as the 1 metre plus & exposure time limit may be breached.

ESV:

1. Regalia sales policy is no touch & cashless.
  2. No tea & coffee available.
  3. Hand sanitiser & wipes will be available.
  4. Please do not occupy the ESV covered space, or outside seating area in groups of more than six persons.
  5. Tables & chairs will be available but members must ensure that they are cleaned before & after use.   
  6. A 'Track & Trace' system may be in operation for those members who occupy either the ESV undercover area or outside seating area.   

Please abide by this advice for your safety, those of others & to protect the circuit from any possible fallout by not being sensible & responsible.

Some or all of these points may be updated.  

For more detailed info & updates from the circuit: https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/circuit-information

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Thanks John B & Nick H for having faith & booking. All I need now is for a further 35 bookings before 31st August to total 40 cars......

manningpaul
manningpaul's picture
Thanks Geoff, always a good couple of days as drivers throw caution to the wind at the end of the season! My abiding memory is one wet year, a Healey 3000 was on opposite lock nearly all the way from Bobbies to Camp every lap.
john aston
john aston's picture

You are tempting me.. but will I get a B&B by then because I ain't  kipping  in the MX5    Censored

rob.mcc45
rob.mcc45's picture

Hi Geoff, only 34 required now*wink*

edit, make that 33 as I booked 2 places.

John Vine
John Vine's picture

I'm certainly up for it, but need to sort my diary out first.

JV

AristoCat
AristoCat's picture

My son and I have booked for the whole weekend, hoping to have our new 420R by then! Cheers.....Richard.

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Thanks all. Bookings now up to SIX cars & TEN persons. Plus me of course.

NOW ONLY 34 CARS REQUIRED - SO NO PRESSURE. Come on John Aston you know you want to...........JV get the diary sorted that is an order!

John Vine
John Vine's picture

...JV get the diary sorted that is an order!

Well Geoff, you'll be pleased to know that I've made some progress.  So far, I've booked a cancel-able B&B.  Once I've managed to move some bits and pieces to free up the Combe w/e, I'll be booking.

JV 

john aston
john aston's picture

Geoff- if you have a word with your mate(?)  Boris to get hotels open ....?

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

John - Honestly I think that there could be some resolution about accommodation before October (eternal optimism rules). The B&Bs around Castle Combe are great.

Bookings for the event now coming in - thanks to Dirk N - eight cars & twelve members. Only thirty two cars to go.