Castle Combe Autumn Classic - 3rd & 4th October 2020 - Club Tickets - SALES EXPIRE 31st AUGUST

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture
Castle Combe Autumn Classic - 3rd & 4th October 2020 - Club Tickets - SALES EXPIRE 31st AUGUST

With all the doom & gloom of favourite events being postponed or cancelled the Castle Combe Autumn Classic is still on.  It could be one of the very few classic racing events to survive as a result of the pandemic. So if you want your 2020 dose of petrol fumes & elbows out racing this is it! And of course in the company of club members & like minded people. 

Set over TWO days to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the circuit there will be at least eight grids per day producing hair raising & elbows out racing.  On both days track side parking will be available for at least 40 Sevens only a very short distance from the Armco at Westway.  The ESV will be attending with a Club Coleman Shelter for back up.

I know that there are quite a few devotees & repeat attendees of this much loved event out there so you have until 31st August to purchase club discounted tickets. For example a Seniors weekend ticket is only £18.00 - bargain!

For all the info:  https://www.lotus7.club/membership/special-offers-members/castle-combe-a...

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Thanks John B & Nick H for having faith & booking. All I need now is for a further 35 bookings before 31st August to total 40 cars......

manningpaul
manningpaul's picture
Thanks Geoff, always a good couple of days as drivers throw caution to the wind at the end of the season! My abiding memory is one wet year, a Healey 3000 was on opposite lock nearly all the way from Bobbies to Camp every lap.
john aston
john aston's picture

You are tempting me.. but will I get a B&B by then because I ain't  kipping  in the MX5    Censored

rob.mcc45
rob.mcc45's picture

Hi Geoff, only 34 required now*wink*

edit, make that 33 as I booked 2 places.

John Vine
John Vine's picture

I'm certainly up for it, but need to sort my diary out first.

JV

AristoCat
AristoCat's picture

My son and I have booked for the whole weekend, hoping to have our new 420R by then! Cheers.....Richard.

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Thanks all. Bookings now up to SIX cars & TEN persons. Plus me of course.

NOW ONLY 34 CARS REQUIRED - SO NO PRESSURE. Come on John Aston you know you want to...........JV get the diary sorted that is an order!

John Vine
John Vine's picture

...JV get the diary sorted that is an order!

Well Geoff, you'll be pleased to know that I've made some progress.  So far, I've booked a cancel-able B&B.  Once I've managed to move some bits and pieces to free up the Combe w/e, I'll be booking.

JV 

john aston
john aston's picture

Geoff- if you have a word with your mate(?)  Boris to get hotels open ....?

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

John - Honestly I think that there could be some resolution about accommodation before October (eternal optimism rules). The B&Bs around Castle Combe are great.

Bookings for the event now coming in - thanks to Dirk N - eight cars & twelve members. Only thirty two cars to go.