Castle Combe Autumn Classic - 3rd & 4th October 2020 - 29th September: IMPORTANT SAFETY UPDATES

74 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lazzer
Lazzer's picture
We're booked into a b&b just down the road from the Thursday night, making a few days of it. May need a lift back there on the Saturday close, or maybe we'll cycle, or walk if not raining and there's a pub on route. P. S. Does a van count towards your numbers?
Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Lazzer #22 - Definitely not! Parking on circuit for Sevens only but that is not to say that a club ticket would not get you in to the public car park.....

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

To those looking for B&B there are lots of small villages around the circuit that all have accommodation - Grittleton, Hullavington, the 'Yattons', Nettleton, Kington St Michael , Stanton St Quintin etc. All these villages have good pubs & some farms which offer B&B.

The pubs are all recommended as this area was a haunt of mine when young, single & care free. I know them well! 

Chippenham which apart from B&B has the usual chains - Travelodge & Premier Inn.

There is also a Travelodge on the east bound side M4 at Leigh Delamere Services. But could be noisy as this is a major truck stop. 

Swiindon only 20 minutes east off M4 junction 16 or 15 with all the usual chains & limited B&B.

As the 'situation' is on going & changing all the time for the better? All establishments offering accommodation may/may not be willing to take bookings against the prevailing situation in October. I would hazard a guess & say they are willing to on the basis of optimism & free cancellation. There is always Booking.com where the majority of establishments are posted with the convenient cancel up to 48/24 hours before flex.  

The circuit could also offer some pointers - [email protected] or give them a ring - 01249 47981 - they may answer.

Hope this helps??

Lazzer
Lazzer's picture
Hi Geoff, Not even a nice big silver one with some natty L7c logos on..? Lawrence
Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Lazzer #25 - Club ESV accepted!  How could I have forgotten your on line alias?  Will sort the ESV pass closer to the 31st August.

Jamas
Jamas's picture

Booked for Saturday.  Be my first club event :)  Fingers crossed for the weather 

Barry Thompson
Barry Thompson's picture

Thanks Geoff , booked my son ,myself and 7 for the Saturday. Look forward to it.  

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Thanks to James A, Barry T & Alex T for booking Saturday slots.

There are now 22 persons & 13 cars booked - Seven weekend, five Saturday & one Sunday.

So I only need twenty eight cars  for Saturday & thirty two cars for the Sunday. Total of at least forty cars each day - or more.

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Thanks to Graham W for booking. 24 persons & 14 cars now booked.

Required cars for Saturday now = twenty seven.  For Sunday now = thirty one.

John Vine
John Vine's picture

Re #9:

Hi Geoff - just booked 1 car, 1 person for a w/e ticket.

See you there.

JV