Castle Combe Autumn Classic - 3rd & 4th October 2020 - 30th September: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM CASTLE COMBE CIRCUIT

77 posts / 0 new
Last post
Golf Juliet Tango
Thank you for keeping us up to date on this Geoff.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Important update in #1 PLEASE read & inwardly digest.

John Vine
John Vine's picture

Many thanks, Geoff, for all your efforts and for keeping us so well informed.  Much appreciated.

And thanks to C-C Circuit for managing to persuade the authorities that the necessary precautions will be operating.

See you there (assuming your LSD holds up). Smile

JV

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

JV - Thanks - LSD will make it as keeping the mileage down till the event. It does clonk a bit more than usual when hot!!

John Vine
John Vine's picture

Hi Geoff,

The club parking area is situated on the long (200m/656ft!!) strip of grass opposite the straight between Westway & Camp Corner.

I recall seeing an update comment here a few days ago that we'd be between Folly and Avon Rise.  I take it that's no longer the case, and that we're back to the usual spot (in fact, even closer to the track than before)?

JV 

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

JV -  My brain v Google Earth v the poor parking plan = confusion until I reorientated.  Yes we are on the straight between Westway & Camp. Quite a narrow strip of grass up against the armco but at 200 m long enough for the ESV & 55 Sevens if they all turn up on the Saturday. Unfortunately this may not be so as the weather for the moment looks to be depressingly soggy. Optomism rules!

John Vine
John Vine's picture

Thanks, Geoff.  See you there (with my full wet-weather gear, no doubt).

JV

deebledave
deebledave's picture

Hi Geoff

Ref: Covid update 29th Sept. 

Are we, as spectators, classed as participants, i.e. Are they mandating face masks when socially distancing trackside or have I missed/ misinterpreted something?

Thanks

Dave Clarke

Underachieving '7' owner, have a wife, a cat, a Ukelele and dreams!

Geoff Brown
Geoff Brown's picture

Dave - The MotorsportUK COVID regs/advice was put here so that all those attending could see how the event is structured & give some guidance. The info is for participants but bears thinking about from our side of the armco.

Good question as to if club members are spectators or participants. The way the tickets were sold I would guess that we are seen as participants?

In the club spectator case the subject of wearing masks outside IMO is a personal choice but remembering the fact that you will be mixing with people outside of your 'normal' life, close at 2 metres for more than 15 minutes is a threat to health (allegedly) & 1 metre or less - well I don't have to say anything.

Personally I will don a mask where I see it fit to do so. And keep my distance beyond 2 meters - nothing personal.

John Vine
John Vine's picture

Personally, I read the Motorsport UK doc as referring to competitors rather than spectators.  For example, it mentions "participant" in the context of competitors, marshals and the Clerk of the Course.

My plan is to abide by the C-19 guidance that came with the tickets.

JV