Last post
Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

As I say Tom bring  back the BIRCH  

derek 

that should wind a few up 

DougBaker
DougBaker's picture

Tom to be fair to the folks who came up with the £10,000 fine idea there is a problem with too many people needing to be tested. You have to give it too them, by making knowing you have Covid something which could cost a fortune it seems like a great way of fixing the testing problem Wink

1.6K Roadsport SV

DougBaker
DougBaker's picture
The two most recent Life Scientifics are worth a listen. They are the modeler Neil Fergusen and the Sarah Gilbert the covid vaccine developer https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015sqc7

1.6K Roadsport SV

Golf Juliet Tango

Diana "dido" Harding was asked yesterday about the Covid-19 lab test figures of 80,000 per day.

"I don't recognise that figure, where did you get it?"

"It's in the report."

"Which report?"

"The one you wrote, signed and published."

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

Golf Juliet Tango

Another post about competence (if only the government had some - even a little would be nice). 

It was rather embarrassing for this utter clueless government today.

Firstly, Gillian Keegan (Education Minister) could not answer a simple question on the Today programme about the Covid-19 rules in the north east.  See this report on ITV News.   Now, I know some members will decry the "mainstream media" reporting but this is a Government Minister who can not answer a simple question to which there is a direct rule her government created.

Then later today out idiot of a Prime Minister can not even remember what Dominic Cummings (or Gowings) told him to say. Boris Johnson 'misspoke' over North East Covid restrictions.

At least his junior minister was honest enough to admit she had no idea, Boza hasn't even got the moral fibre to admit he doesn't really know the details of his own government's policy and rules (he probably doesn't care because he doesn't believe rules apply to government ministers and their advisors).

No wonder the general population pay scant attention and dash into shops "I'll just be a moment" without masks.

Stephen

Golf Juliet Tango

Stephen

Golf Juliet Tango

BTW:- does anyone else think Stanley looks like Boris Yeltsin?

Stephen

DougBaker
DougBaker's picture
Boris Yeltzin never looked that sober.

I wonder if the SNP MP will get away with her job after breaking the lockdown laws in a number of specific and limited ways.

A few more ways, not the sharpest tool in the box it seems https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/politics/6115119/coronavirus-snp-mp-visit-day-test-positive

1.6K Roadsport SV

aerobod
aerobod's picture

James

Golf Juliet Tango

Getting 'R' number below one key to lifting North West restrictions Prime Minister tells ITV News

Report and short video of interview here with other reports

I know ITV News are "mainstream media" (i.e. tracable & answerable) but I think this is neutral and un-alarmist reporting.

Stephen