1182 posts / 0 new
Last post
Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

The only way you can come to the IOM is if you are a resident ,,,,but they needed key workers ,so if they get gov permit they can come here ,,,all have to go straight  to place self isolate for two weeks ,,( they allowed five welders to come from Doncaster to do some work on railway ,,to me that is not what I would call a key worker ) ,,,they arrived of the boat ,,went to Tesco to do some shopping ,,,now all three are serving two week isolation in prison ,,,

the worst thing is they interviewed the workers boss on radio ,,and to listen to him ,,,there is no wonder why Covid spreads ,,he said the workers and families are traumatized ,,and they will now have a criminal record ,,,

great they should have got a month each ,,made to pay for prison then as soon as released shipped back to uk 

derek

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

On news woman allowed over to sort her mother's estate ,,,decided to go for bus ride ,,now in nice black van ride to prison for two weeks ,,jail must be nearly full ,,,but best way to keep safe ,,,think there is four Covid cases here ,all self isolating ,,,all who have come here from UK , 

derek 

DougBaker
DougBaker's picture

The Scots are going dry for a bit.

Sturgeon. New restrictions from Friday 6pm for 16 days

- Pubs bars restaurants can operate indoors during the day 6am-6pm. Can serve food and non alcoholic drinks. No alcohol

- Hotels restaurants will be able to operate beyond 6pm for guests (only for residents and no alcohol)

1.6K Roadsport SV

Golf Juliet Tango

I read in the FT, that the new Covid-19 Test & Trace has received more government money than nursery & university education.

If only it worked and could be trusted.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

You don't think they tell porkies do you  stephen 

derek 

as usual were the government are involved , it's going to be a free for all people and companies are going to think xmas has come early and rip us all of ,,,if the penalties were as harsh as the crime it would be ok but we no they are not ,,,so it's worth the risk 

derek 

Pondboy

The Catalan government has just announced that all bars and restaurants are to be closed again, along with a whole raft of extremely strict other measures.

Interestingly, they don't impose a household "rule of 6" here, mainly because most households have more than that number of people living in them.

Contagion wise, it looks like Barcelona will be catching up with Madrid unless these measures make a serious difference.

Glad that we live in a small village that has stayed infection free so far. Visiting strangers are given a wide berth by one and all. Hopefully they will stop visiting the village now everything is shut. It is going to be a long winter. Thank the heavens that I got my PS5 pre-order in on the launch day. Gran Turismo is going to get a hammering over the next few months.

Golf Juliet Tango

The Sky News economics editor, Ed Conway reports:-

"The UK government is paying management consultants the equivalent of £1,500,000 salary to work on Test & Trace. "

He reports seeing documents showing senior staff from Boston Consulting Group are being paid days rates around £7,000. So in a single week these people who are failing the country are sucking out from the government more than the NHS pays an experienced nurse in a whole year.

If the system was working, one might accept it but when the system is a fiasco, I am offended by this.  https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-englands-contact-tracing-system-reaching-lowest-percentage-of-people-since-its-launch-12104679 It isn't even improving, which is scandalous.  Nor are there penalty clauses for failure (Helen Whatley (Health Minister) has confirmed that contracts with neither Serco nor Sitel have penalty clauses in them, so failure brings profit. Kerrrrchingg!

-

Also worth noting that Test & Trace figures used to try to de-duplicate tests so the measurement was cases vs individuals (anyone tested in March and retested in September would not be counted twice).  On the 15 October (i.e. today) the de-duplication only covers tests taken in the past 7 days.  This will improve the look of the data presented. 

Stephen

abbot
abbot's picture

Looks like they could do with a consultant in to tell them how to write a contract

Golf Juliet Tango

Rofl  Laugh

Stephen

wild bill
wild bill's picture

I suspect the failure to have penalties is deliberate and decided over Sunday lunch i mean no-one can be that incompetent a f'wit surely? so it must be deliberate.

"Tell you what Bunty, i'll ensure we give you the contract with no penalties so you can send that lovely boy of yours to Eton just make sure you sling some my way old boy, here's my swiss bank number"

Or something like that.

I f'in despair of the fact that the UK voted this bunch of utter maggots in I really do. Sadly what choice was there?