1766 posts / 0 new
Last post
Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Hi Scott government. briefing today they put all but three down to the sailor ,there are two which are not related and were in the  community,,plus one who came over was self isolating  but tested negative ,,

so all clear no restrictions at all all back to normal ,,as for agro on TV re large gatherings ect ,,,think you must live out in the wilds ,,or I watch to much tv and you don't ,,,your putting people in UK. As little angels yes as you say lots go by the rules ,but a few don't give a toss those are the bastards causing agro by not obeying the law ,,,so sorry ( no I'm not ) but they are the ones to come down on and hard ,,

could not believe  the amount of people who said it is barbaric jailing for a month the ones over here who broke the rules ,,wonder what they would say if a close friend or relative lost there lives ,, 

like I say bring back the birch 

Derek 

as said Scott we all have diff ideas on things ect which is great ,,some one does not agree with my views,no problem 

ScottR400D

But Derek, you’re just plain wrong. There is no evidence at all that the minority who are being stupid are responsible for any significant proportion of infections; the opposite in fact. 

You’re entitled to your view but please form it on facts, not what you would like to be the case. 

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Don't no were you getting your facts from Scott ,,you just have to watch news to see people in UK are not complying with rules ,,how the hell do you get the opposite,,,nobody nows about the virus really ,,we just have to rely on tthe government,,right or wrong ,,

and what facts cos nobody nows ,,just think if all stuck to the rules ,,wear mask keep your distance ,,may do some good ,but lot in UK  don't so that's why so many in hospital and dying ,

or what's your take on it 

defek

Stewart Collier
Scott, I accept your point there is no evidence the minority are responsible for increased infections. However, I've seen evidence today that people are not adhering to the rules. Only time will tell if their breaches result in increasing infections and a slow down in the 'road map'.
Harry Flatters
Harry Flatters's picture

The combination of the highly successful vaccine rollout and nice weather for some folk, seems to engender a belief that the recovery is further down the road than is the case. I'm sure it's the minority and probably the same minority that have paid scant heed to the rules since March last year. I just hope that there is enough resilience in the overall lockdown effect to compensate for the few monumentally selfish idiots out there who either just simply don't understand, or worse, don't care.

aerobod
aerobod's picture

Some of my family can't escape the Covidiots when they flock to Formby Beach. My cousin and her husband live on Victoria Road near the nature reserve and have the masses parking on the double yellow lines outside their house and sometimes even partly blocking their drive: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hundreds-turned-away-formby-beach-19935543

James

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Well we are back in three week lockdown on IOM as from midnight tonight ,,couple weeks ago three cases ,,,today 58 mostly traced back to one sailor on steam packet boat ,,so schools pubs the lot shut ,,

derek 

no snarky remarks Scott ?

ScottR400D

No, I’ll leave them to you Derek. 

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Thanks Scott 

derek

ian.pursglove
ian.pursglove's picture

Derek,

Sorry to read that as the Isle had done so well in containing it and being able to like a normal life, albeit in a non-travelling and no visitor way. Hope you and yours keep safe,