9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Deep Purple live 16th Nov 20:00 R2

Current band line up live, hosted by Jo Whiley this Thursday on BBC Radio two and also on the red button.

My 9 year old son is getting excited already!

Ian

Touring currently, looks like the farewell tour....

I still have a fragment of the guitar Richie Blackmore destroyed on stage at Wolverhampton Civic Hall when I was a wee lad back in the Seventies.

Saw them twice in early Seventies. Their  support band on one occasion, the forgotten and unmourned Bullet , were the loudest band I ever heard - if utterly crap.

Not listened to them for years but did enjoy the combination of Blackmore's pyrotechnics, Gillan's shriek  and Jon Lord's soaring organ. As it were .     

DP were my first big outdoor Gig at Knebworth ..... what a wet and miserable day that was but the bands were great.  Blackfoot getting bottled off stage ......  UFO, Scorpions and the mighty Deep Purple MK2 line up.

ahh happy days ......

Ian Gillian's voice is knackered. Shame, but he's been at it a long time. My wife won't let me watch it on the TV, she can't stand it. I might have to go into the garage to listen to it. 

Smoke of the water and black knight were excellent 

I lasted ten minutes. It was tragic. Like getting Stirling Moss to drive Hamilton's Mercedes . 

Sometimes, the bravest decision is knowing when to call it a day. 

I saw DP at the Fairfield Halls in Croydon in 1970 and got chucked off the stage when we jumped down from the choir benches at the back. As someone else said, happy days!