My Canon 400D broke, died finally, after many years photographic blatting, 77 D anyone?

1 post / 0 new
anthonym
anthonym's picture
My Canon 400D broke, died finally, after many years photographic blatting, 77 D anyone?

In 2006 I acquired my Canon 400 D while on tour through Andorra, and it has served well for many years, including being dropped at 30mph off my boot, when all the nearby French drivers were kind enough to stop and wait patiently while I collected the pieces from the tarmac. Daft Englishman.

Anyway, quite a few years after that it really has finally stopped functioning (on tour hence no pics this year), completely dead. I agonised over the replacement. and have plumped for the designed replacement which is the 77D; an odd number I think. 

It certainly has many modern features like video and much wider ranges like ISO etc. My main reason for my choice was size, the competing model is significantly bigger if the idea is for a cockpit camera and various lenses. 

I write to enquire if anyone else is treading this path? Mine sometimes gets fitted to the top of the roll bar and remotely activated.. good for catching bikers mid bend.. 

Anthony