Now what? Brexit content, you don't have to click this

2037 posts / 0 new
Last post
DougBaker
DougBaker's picture

Well you knew who you were voting for, no excuses this time.

Number 10 Downing Street Official Twitter feed

abbot
abbot's picture

?  No idea what shampoo I use.  It is whatever is on the shelf that the Mrs uses.

Otherwise he was asked a question he answered it.  I agree he should have more important things to worry about but if the electorate cant think of anything more importatnt to ask then voila Getmecoat

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

I think that would only hit JLR and a little bit of Mini all others don’t ship to USA 

+ Honda, for one more year.

Jonathan

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

Actually irt wasn't completely roll free as we dialed in some roll-in to compensate for the compliance in the suspension.  

And IIRC people prefer a bit. Did you play with doing it the other way, like a boat? There was a mention of that in Car a few decades ago.

Jonathan

abbot
abbot's picture

The slight roll in was set to compensate the body roll out that was a function of the compliant roll out of the body due to rubber joints and insulation etc.  That was mainly for PR photos as no roll was a very impressive view. Otherwise the exercise was more about presenting the tyre contact patch to the road.

PS I was searching for some photos to illustrate this and found some very interesting articles about Active Systems at Lotus. I will post separate thread. 

abbot
abbot's picture

JK can a do a JK on you and ask you for your source?

I checked with my source and he confirmed that Honda have been building Civics in Swindon for the US market.  He thought it was a strategy to simply give some volume to Swindon to keep it going.  It is a bit strange as Canada and USA produce 4 times that amount of Civics for the NA market in NA.   As you say Swindon will not be going much longer anyway.

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

Just checking source. It's SMMT somewhere...

Here's 2017, so could be out of date.

Jonathan

Jonathan Kay
Jonathan Kay's picture

It's SMMT 2018.

Jonathan

abbot
abbot's picture

Yes a bit out of date especially as the arse has completely dropped out of the market at the moment

Golf Juliet Tango

Estimated cost of minting & cancelling the 50p Brexit commemorative coins displaying 28 March and 31 October = £11.5 million.

And now we have another set.

Brexit is nothing more than a vainglorious, self harming, expensive, jingoistic, vanity project.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty