Repeat of our Tour to Spain and the Douro Valley Portugal in 2020

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
anthonym
anthonym's picture
Gen Sec

Hi, All,

Touring with friends in great fun and many of us do this privately or as a group go with a tour company . However organising tours with strangers on a private basis is fraught with problems so I would like to make it clear to all of you who have, or may have an interest, in joining Dave in this private venture that it is not an official Club touring event, which are now organised by Scenic and Continental.

Therefore the back-up that a fully insured and organised tour company offers will not be available to members taking part in a private trip, nor will the Club accept any responsibility for any loss or damage of those taking part.

It may be that Dave (or each individual) will arrange suitable cover for the risks of such things as accidents, illness  or altered travel arrangements, for example, and if so I am sure that he will make this clear.

No doubt the apparent "up-front" costs may appeal in comparison to our tour company charges but I have found that generally one gets what one pays for.

Terence

Terence McCarthy,

General Secretary.

Lotus 7 Club.

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Hi Terence 

not been on any club tours but just one question , or poss two , I thought Dave was the organizer for club trips and if he is prepared to put his own time and effort into the club why is the club outsourcing this to scenic tours ,I  don’t have anything to do with Dave or scenic but ,from what I’ve seen of scenic ,yes they seem to do a good job but it’s not cheap ,that’s no problem as they do a lot of advertising and are a company which is req to make a profit , which I have no problem with ,as for you get what you pay for,, yes I can understand we’re you are coming from ,,, but to me it sounds like a kick in the nuts for Dave ???

or as usual have I missed something 

derek

SM25T
SM25T's picture
I salute you Derek .... my thoughts exactly.
anthonym
anthonym's picture

wtf is going on? 

nickh7

Not sure what your post is for Gen Sec , it looks a bit like you are trying to undermine the trip . This club is built on the good will of the members donating their time for free and organising events from a quick blat out to trips abroad without out this we have a company not a club

"I take her to the floor, looking for a moment when the world feels right"

anthonym
anthonym's picture

It may be that Dave (or each individual) will arrange suitable cover for the risks of such things as accidents, illness  or altered travel arrangements, for example, and if so I am sure that he will make this clear.

this is called travel insurance, something taken out by every sensible traveller and unrelated to our club and not something anyone needs to make clear. 

Never seen you Terence post before, what has changed? And with such negativity towards a fellow Management Team member. An explanation might be helpful for the rest of us.

anthony

anthonym
anthonym's picture

Terence your post reads like it has been written by someone else, such as a professional; is there something we should all know that you are not saying?

anthony

DaveSVRoadsport
DaveSVRoadsport's picture

As they say, all press is good press!!!!!

DaveSVRoadsport
DaveSVRoadsport's picture

And here's the list of Tours I'll be organizing for the Club in 2020:

More information regarding ATOL/ABTA coverage to follow.....

Spain/Portugal,(May/June)

The Isle of Man,  (date to be confirmed by Derek Batty)

Belgian Breweries (July)

Normandy and Brittany (September) 

Will work in conjunction with SCT so that dates don’t clash.