Repeat of our Tour to Spain and the Douro Valley Portugal in 2020

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
Golf Juliet Tango

I would always take out my own travel insurance (OK, it will be more expensive once my EHIC has no validity).

Organising a tour in the way Tour7s operates (or did operate - I don't know its status) and promoting directly within the Club to Club members seems an excellent arrangement. 

I remember touring has been described as core activity as far as the Club is concerned.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

anthonym
anthonym's picture

Presumably Terence is acting on instructions I imagine can only come from the Chair. Christine (Abbot) ( Hi Christine, what is afoot? Do tell.)  It just looks very odd and disconcerting.

anthony

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Bloody hell Anthony we agree

magic 

derek

anthonym
anthonym's picture

Just shows how weird it is Derek!!

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Hi Terence ,didn’t mean any negative comments , disagree with this post coming from Christine , think if she wanted to say something she would , how about a reply giving a bit more info 

just like to say I do not like saying anything negative about anyone involved with the MT. Team,,, as to me you all do a good job for the club in your own time , and get a kicking at times which you don’t deserve 

Derek 

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Hi Anthony think you posted while I was typing ,

think we’re both on the same side ,just requires clarification , I don’t think there is any hidden thoughts ,,if that’s the right term ,, but easily remedied with a good clear response 

derek

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Hi Stephen ,just read your post ,,and as you say I think nowadays most people would get there own independent insurance ,even if it is included with any trip ,, seven club or not 

derek

paul seymour
paul seymour's picture

I read the post with interest as i missed the Porto blat last year, so to see this may be happening for 2020 is of HUGE interest.

I do know Dave very well  having helped him organise the Stoneleigh club meet many years back. 2013

He is a 7 enthusiast through and through.

I know he has been the track day coordinator for the lotus 7 club for many year after that.

Now offering his services as the clubs tour organiser.

I would say this is a club member doing more than his fair share to support the lotus 7 club.

Thank you Dave for all that you do and I would be more than happy to join and support you on a future tour.

Gen Sec

Anthony,

I am not sure whether to be annoyed by your assumption that I require anyone to write my emails for me, or to be pleased that you consider this one to have been written by a "professional".

Still, I should have expected the normal level of response by one of a certain group of frequent contributors to BlatChat. Silly me, I should have known better..

I don't have anyone to tell me what to do, Anthony, so your suggestion, is, again, offensive. But you have the traditional perogative of the harlot, power without responsibility. I have to act in the best interests of the Club, and unlike most of those posting on this tread have a legal responsibility for it.

Disrali famously said "This shows how much easier it is to be critical than to be correct", although you are correct in that there is a lot going on of which you are not aware,

As I am also sure you are certainly aware, there is a lot going on in the background that is not known by the membership as a whole, nor, indeed by directors or MT members I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I can see signs of a loosely coordinated antagonism towards officers of the Club. Your recent posts merely incline me in that direction.

Terence

Terence McCarthy,

General Secretary.

Lotus 7 Club.

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

#39.   Nicely put Paul totally agree though I have never met Dave but he puts an input into the club ,,,great 

Derek