Repeat of our Tour to Spain and the Douro Valley Portugal in 2020

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
anthonym
anthonym's picture

@alan

I think like our past Gen Sec has explained, there are different matters of interest and emphasis as between members.

As such there will be those who desire the high cost support of SCT because they value the benefits they perceive in those offers. 

There are also those who prefer toorganise their own tours, such as "7 listers" who last I looked even had/have their own two seven transport capable support truck with skilled mechanic standard driver(s). 

Others will prefer lone independent tours, self supported and without someone else Setting destinations, deadlines or anyother requirements. 

Then we have our own club tour organiser offering to put together tours to suit those interested in touring with a bit of central management while not being any of the above. 

All the above and more have not only long, but always been the ways of our diverse membership. 

Why any of these should be an issue with Terence and/or Christine including deletion of our tour organiser's thread(s) leaves me perplexed. Granted Terence has observed there are matters afoot that the membership are not being informed about, but the mentions of liability and legal duties do sound like overkill and with an agenda we are not being told about - as indeed mentioned by Terence. Sorry about that tautology.

Just leaves me perplexed and wondering if asking for clarification will be challenged as being antagonistic to members of the MT. Who I think for the most part do a great job when in possession of all the facts on a timely basis and do not have their meetings cancelled or over ridden by directors, which in my opinion is contrary to the byelaws.

Non hostile responses are welcome. Hostile responses are not (I mean why?) Open honest true and complete validated authentic communications are required for our club to operate. Vague claims and allegations need to beavoided please. This is only acar club and should berun as such..

Transparency and accountability to the members. Please. 

Anthony.. a simple member expressing his thoughts.

tangomikeromeo
tangomikeromeo's picture

Well that all spiralled rather sharply!

FWIW I read Terence's initial post as an unfortunately prudent clarification. Unfortunate in that society in general appears to be moving away from taking responsibility for itself and towards a litigious, compensation seeking psyche. With that in mind the Club has a duty to protect itself and its members from oversights, mistakes and, arguably, ourselves. But overall, in hockey parlance, 'no harm, no foul'. Some of the comments, implications and accusations since don't qualify for that assessment.

In an attempt to get back to the original intent. I like the sound of the Belgian Breweries. If you want a hand Dave please let me know. 

BigCol
BigCol's picture

A Belgian Breweries trip would also be of interest to me.

Presume that would one day on, blating, one day off, drinking, sorry, tasting...(?)

Hedge - if you want a contact who can help on the breweries front, I know someone (ex-Fuller's)

DaveSVRoadsport
DaveSVRoadsport's picture

Well now, 26 expressions of interest for the breweries tour - says a lot about our members Beer

Big Col - lets talk about your contacts.....

Perhaps we should invite the Gen Sec. Might cheer him up a bit Biglaugh Biglaugh Biglaugh

Anyway, working on this project this weekend. 

Thanks for the support.

DaveSVRoadsport

Just to whet the appetite.....or perhaps wet your whistle!

https://belgium.beertourism.com/belgian-breweries

We may have to  edit down the list.....a bit. 

Stu_420R

Jeez guys, I have only recently joined and hoped this forum would be a little less political..I really can't understand what the point of all of your posts are. Someone is asking if people are interested in a trip and then site admin/mods feel a disclaimer is needed to protect the legal obligations of the forum? Is it really necessary? (Regardless, please don't answer, it's better this thread is kept to the discussion topic planned so apologies for my slight thread diversion).

Stu

Stu_420R

I would also be interested in the brewries tour. Thanks, 

Stu

Stotty

Sounds a great trip and would love to join but depends on dates, May - Monaco Historic or Mille Miglia (they clash) June - Le Mans but if it fits*smile*

tangomikeromeo
tangomikeromeo's picture

@Stotty. Sounds like you have it tough!

DaveSVRoadsport

Stu, excellent details coming shortly