The Taffia Fish & Chip Run is back – on Saturday 18th September 2021

108 posts / 0 new
Last post
TomB

Would it be possible for members to join up for lunch at Aberdyfi? A couple of us in the northwest have discussed whether to put feelers out for a group run out to Aberdyfi from the Lancashire, Merseyside and Cheshire areas. 

Tigs
Tigs's picture

For the benefit of all of you lucky ones joining this trip, in an act of pure selflessness, I tested the chippy in Aberdyfi on Saturday evening and I can confirm the food is good! Oh, and if you fancy and ice cream afterwards, the Aberdyfi Ice Cream shop is also very good - I tested that for you too... Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

I think that was a very good selfless act to carry out hope you got free fish and chips 

Derek

CtrMint
CtrMint's picture

Derek you fancy dusting the cob webs off and giving it a go?

Caterham 420R S3 Lotus Toxic Green,  Caterham 620R S3 Exocet Red. Blog: https://www.caterham7diaries.com
Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

PM SENT 

always wanted to put that 

Derek

CtrMint
CtrMint's picture

Hi TomB,

During the last run in 2019, we came across a couple of days before the event and stayed in Cheshire. On the day before the event, we drove down to a local hotel and stayed overnight for an early start.  On the day we went to Aberdyfi and then onto Cheshire instead of the loop back south.  We are still considering the joining and I'm trying to get Derek onboard, it would be great to convey down with the North West owners too. 

Cheers

Mark

Caterham 420R S3 Lotus Toxic Green,  Caterham 620R S3 Exocet Red. Blog: https://www.caterham7diaries.com
Golf Juliet Tango

Overnight nearby or all the way on the day?  That is the question...

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty

og22

I will be continuing with the wife to Bala where we are staying for 2 nights, don't mind continuing the blat to North Wales/Snowdonia area for whoever wishes to join

SM25T
SM25T's picture
#28 Stephen ... I wouldn't try complete trip from home and back in one day. The drive from Chepstow to Aberdovey and back is demanding.
CtrMint
CtrMint's picture

Overnight nearby, there's a really nice hotel pretty close, with fantastic parking away from prying eyes :-). Will dig out the name of the hotel.  In 2018 we met club member Mr P there, and had fantastic evening chatting all things Seven and more.

If we go, which I hope we will, we'll be based in Little Budworth or similar the day before, so a relaxed drive down starting 11ish.  On the day we'll head north from the coast for a scenic run into the North West.