Cancelled- Taffia Fish & Chip Run Saturday 16th May 2020

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nick Bassett
Nick Bassett's picture

Yep - really hoping to attend this event this year... was all set to go last year, but I had a last minute problem with my car, so turned in the Mini instead to see the off - we were the one white Mini in the car park!

Bolter, bolter, full power...
Larkingabout
Larkingabout's picture

Never done this before but have got it in the diary for this year.  Been talking with locals who have done the event and they say it is a bucket list Blat hence the interest. Does anyone have any good hotel recommendations as we will make a long weekend of it. We regularly use one in the Cotswolds near Bourton on the Water but that may be a bit far for the run start. Any alternatives would be greatly appreciated. Fingers crossed for food weather!

James The Man in the Red Coat

SM25T
SM25T's picture
Food weather ... very apt autocorrection !
7Up
7Up's picture

Brilliant event and looking forwards to it. Will someone ring the fish and chip shop so they can prepare for 100 or more extra orders? They couldn't cope last year.

Sooty
Sooty's picture

Just booked b&b in St. Arvans for the Friday night. Looking forward to the trip. Any recommendations as to where to eat locally?

Just hope I don't have another meeting with a sheep as last year cost me over £500 after I'd replaced my nosecone!!!

David "Sooty" Sutton - Full blown Carbon Tart

1360rallye
1360rallye's picture

Hi.  I will be checking in with the chip shop.  We try to stagger start times to avoid queues both on the roads and at the chip shop.  Whilst queuing can be a pain it's also a great chance to compare notes on the journey.

Andrew Wiggins 

Taffia AR

Sam Pearce
Sam Pearce's picture

I hope to make it this year Rotate 

May even ask Dan to bring the camper and meet us at Aberdovey, it looks like a great camping spot. Thumb Up

Sam Byebye

7 wonders of th...

If Dans going over early to play on the beach could I give you my chippy order please to avoid the long queues..... Clap 

Sam Pearce
Sam Pearce's picture

Even better, maybe Dan can borrow a deep fat fryer and get a sack of potatoes and convert the camper into a chip shop for the day Hehe

Sam Byebye

Wrightpayne
Wrightpayne's picture

Or better still....(passengers only of course!)