48 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sam Pearce
Sam Pearce's picture

Genius! Thumb Up

Sam Byebye

Petethediesel
Petethediesel's picture

We are  planning to attend the "Taffia" and have booked into the Huntsman Hotel in Shirenewton, NP16 6BU. Tel no: 01291 641521 (ask for Philip). A small pub/hotel with 9 rooms and about 5 miles from the start. Pricing is £60 for a twin room per night and reports indicate good food, safe parking, and very clean en suite rooms.  

Pete C

Nick Bassett
Nick Bassett's picture

AirBNB booked - hopefully all being well, will be there with the 7 this year.

Fingers crossed for good weather. Smile

Bolter, bolter, full power...
Nick Bassett
Nick Bassett's picture

Having missed it last year and REALLY looking forward to attending this year, I have everything crossed that the legendary fish and chip run will still go ahead despite the CoronaVirus... guess it is too soon to tell at the moment, but hoping that given this is a drive out rather than a mass group gathering, then it might just still be possible... 

dswhite
dswhite's picture

Fingers crossed, although we're coming from a distance to the start point, so lack of accommodation may be problematic.

See my journey to a Seven life at cat310s.wordpress.com

Frogman
Frogman's picture

I hope this goes ahead but I have to say that a little bit of me hopes it is delayed, purely selfish reasons as my planned air ticket back to Blighty was canceled. A first world problem for me and I am sure it will go ahead and be the great success it deserves to be one way or another.

Move fast, stay low.

1360rallye
1360rallye's picture

Following the Motorsport UK release this week and Government advice, unfortunately all Organising Permits and Certificates of Exemption permits, until at least 30th April 2020, have been suspended with immediate effect.

Given the fact the the Taffia Fish & Chip Run operates under a Motorsport UK permit and as it seems unlikely that there is any prospect of the situation changing for the better in the next couple of months the decision has been taken to cancel this year's Fish & Chip Run.

I'm sorry to disappoint the very many people who participate in this popular event.  

Please be assured the Fish & Chip Run will be back in 2021.

In the meantime the Taffia hope you all stay safe.

Andrew Wiggins (AR Taffia)

Wilts North AR
Wilts North AR's picture

Damn  Banghead

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Do they do take aways

derek

Nick Bassett
Nick Bassett's picture

Clucking bell Weeping (but understandable given circumstances)

Might just do it on my own anyway...