Video of Torode in Torridon on NC500 in Highlandcaterhamhire.com 7

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blue7
Blue7's picture
Video of Torode in Torridon on NC500 in Highlandcaterhamhire.com 7

STV video. John Torode begins his Scottish highland adventure in a Caterham hired from Boyd Stokes at Highland Caterham Hire.  Torode drives the NC500 route before cooking a winter picnic of soup and salmon tarts, with magnificent views of Loch Torridon!  Venison for dinner I think Biggrin

https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/john-torodes-winter-picnic

Hampshire West AR
Hampshire West AR's picture

Never knew I drive a vintage car Rofl

David Brown

Must remember to pack Judith's cheese grater the next time I go. Blue, any idea where the lay-by was?

David Brown

Must remember to pack Judith's cheese grater the next time I go. Blue, any idea where the lay-by was?

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Great place up there cannot wait to get back ,

derek 

Blue7
Blue7's picture

David, no I'm not sure where that layby is, the more I watch it the more I think he is further north.  He is certainly high up and there is a high single track road on the north side of Loch Torridon but the view seems wrong, we have walked up there but never taken the 7 up there.  I will take a closer look tomorrow.  I think this video may be the first of three.  As Hampshire AR said, I was similarly amused by the "vintage" comment ... maybe they were referring to Boyd Biglaugh

Derek Batty
Derek Batty's picture

Been up,there in seven for last five years ,,missed last year due to COVID ,,but also cannot se us getting there this year ,,,but soon as we can go ,,great ,,

was surprized did not se many sevens up there ,,,the most we have seen have been from car hire firm Boyd's ,

derek

David Brown

At the end the foreground looks as if it reveals an Anchorage but can't think where it is but the background looks familiar. 

john aston
john aston's picture

I rather suspect Mr Torode's NC 500 was closer to the NC 15. 

BMS7
BMS7's picture

BMS7
BMS7's picture

Sorry but couldn't work out how to add a caption above!

myexperiemce was not quite as spectacular but impressed me at the time. My lad is clearly some years behind that of Mr Torode. As you can see, because of the terrain, he was above me and just off the road, a bit intimidating! This was in sight of Applecross. 
I was also in one of Boyd's cars. He is an excellent bloke and his cars have been perfectly prepared every time I've hired them. 

If you have not gone, go.

Bruce