Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series Throttle Cables SBB10176 on eBay £10 BARGAIN

revilla

I just made sure mine ran in such as way it didn't rub or kink - so I don't need to carry a spare ;-)

After all, do you carry a spare in your tin top that you probably do more miles in?  When was the last time you replaced one in a "normal" car?

We'll ignore the fact more modern cars don't even have the bowden cable . . .

Ooh they do, or did.  I've had cars where owners have resorted to gluing clevis pins or clips to the ends their fingers to get them back on ;-)

Take the pedal box cover off a Caterham (on mine anyway) and there it is - smack in front of you - you can see it, you can work on it without standing on your head, a torch in your teeth, balanced over the back of the front seat, one arm under your head trying to get it around and in position to fix some clip, cable end in place :-)

And such an open engine bay you can run it where you want.

Open a Lancia integrale bonnet . .. or a V6 Alfa 159 . . .and then tell me you have limited space ;-)

Just received my throttle cable and it is not the same as fitted to my car, my car has the same cable as shown in REVILLA picture. I also notice that Caterham do not show the type of cable as fitted to both my car and shown by REVILLA.

The one shown for the LHD Vauxhall on carbs have the same ends as mine.

Am I correct in thinking I could just use the inner cable.

Help before I return cable to Bookatrack..

An update; sorry, it was wrong! Will have to go back.

The bag has an MG Rover label correctly saying SBB10176, but the cable inside is clearly labelled as a FirstLine FKA1028, which is clearly not an equivalent.

Sorry if I misled anyone, the part number specified was correct but I should have looked more closely at the photographs.

I chose one with a diameter to suit the bore of the outer cable. Stainless cable with a slippery coating (Teflon or PTFE). Barrel nipple one end to fit in the hole of the quadrant at the engine end ... might need filing down to fit in the hole. Pedal end I use a screw nipple bought for around a Pound on eBay.