Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Buyer Pre 90 Twin Cam or Crossflow Seven.

SpannerBasset

Have toyed with an early car a few times now and my experience every time has been that it's often really hard to prove the cars Provence and that it's a "real" one not a bitsa. These old uns seem a real (potentially expensive) mine field to me at least. 

• Area Representative

Colin, what about a 92 car? A nice 92 S3 xflow has appeared at a shade under £10k

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2264076790494403/permalink/2750464681855609/?sale_post_id=2750464681855609&rt=11

Caterham S3 Super Sprint 1992
Classic super sprint with the mighty crossflow engine running Weber 40DCOE carbs and K&N filters.

Finished In dark green with the classic Lotus stripe in white, the body has those classic swept wings and the original alloy wheels.
The interior is all black with the comfy vinyl seats, side screens, full hood in its roll, and a shower cap "just in case"

The car has cover 27,000 miles in its 28 year life, and has MOT until the end of December.

There are a few age related marks and the nose cone has some crazing evident, see photos.

An honest car and ideal entry to Caterham ownership £9,950.

Andrew , I'm caught on the date of first registration , personally I could go for a later car , much easier to find , and some really good ones on the market presently but the underwriters won't accept anything less than 30yrs . Thanks for the link I will request to join the group.