Click here if you are having website access problems ×

For Sale 1.8 Roadsport 2000 190 BHP DVA BGH G/box

Smutly1

2000 Roadsport British Racing Green with Yellow nose band and centre stripe. 190 BHP with BGH G/Box

Advertised on PistonHeads https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/caterham/all-models/caterham-1-8-roadsport-190bhp-2000/10067319

£18,500

I am the 2nd owner and have owned for over 8 years covering around 4000 dry miles. It’s taking me a while to decide to sell and I’m still not certain! Every time I drive it I decide not to part with it so I'm trying to leave it in the garage! I only use it for an 8-mile journey to work on dry days (Never use if the Met Office forecast is not <5% chance of rain!) and hardly use at any other time (no spare time). Although it’s great to see sitting in the garage it could be better used!

I have every bit of detail from the original order to every modification and invoice for everything ever spent! The history of everything done is amazing!

The car was built by a former club area organiser with many modifications appearing during his ownership. Since owning I have had fitted a new 5 speed BGH gearbox (2016) E6 Heavy Duty Road and Track, 2.83, 1.81, 1,26, 1.00 0.85. Fitted along with Quaife short-throw shifter and Ali gearbox cover including dipstick, new Caerbont programable Caterham speedo and sender with a Caterham wheel sensor bracket. I fitted Compermotive CXR wheels 8.0 x 13 ET15 rear and 7 x 13 ET12 front with Yokohama 048 medium rear and soft front.

It has just had its cambelt changes by Dave Andrews (DVA Power) along with a quick throttle body balance and ECU tweak.

The main points are:

DVA power K series 1800 engine with Jenvey throttle bodies making 190 bhp

Bernand Scouse Airbox
Caterham Lightweight Flywheel
Emerald ECU
Laminova Oil Cooler
Radtec aluminum radiator (great cooling system designed by previous owner)
Apollo anti-cavitation tank
Wide track front suspension
Adjustable suspension platforms with Bilstein dampers 
Caterham big brake kit (4 pot)
Stainless Exhaust including manifold by ‘Exhausts by Design’ – re-packable
Exhaust Wrap
Removable Momo Steering Wheel
Spa gauges – oil pressure/temp and water temp/voltage
FIA Track Day Roll Bar
5” Chrome headlights
Leather Caterham seats with 6-point harness
Battery Isolator
High Level Led Brake Light
12v socket
New painted rear wings, and S/Steel Protectors fitted Nov 2016.
Full Weather Gear: Heated Screen, Doors, Full Hood and Bag
Matching half hood (never used) BRG with Yellow Centre stripe
Private plate included as it is in my mind part of the history

Whole load of other parts available by negotiation

If you are only doing 8 miles to work it’s never getting warm and as such  it can’t be doing it any good 

I hope someone buys it and drives the poor thing in all weathers , thrash’s it , slides it , gets it dirty and most of all enjoys it properly 

I know it’s each to there own but a 7 needs to be driven and used 

good luck with sale and I am guessing you’ll be putting the money towards a nice Lexus 

Sorry to be picky ... but it takes around 5 miles for my water temperature to reach 70C and then at least 10 more miles for the oil to get to perhaps 50C .... if you only ever use it for an 8 mile journey .... it really isn't getting hot.