Click here if you are having website access problems ×

For Sale Four CLASSIC 6J X 14" SILVER WHEELS with 185/60 Avon ZV3 tyres in v.g.c.

L777JDP

Wheels are advertised by Caterham at £174.00 incl. VAT. Could not find the tyres, so they may be discontinued. Caterham do a ZT5 at £78 incl. VAT.

The tyres have done less than 5000 miles total with no obvious visible wear. I figured they may be suitable for someone that runs on Toyo CR888s during the summer, but also wants a set of wheels with better water dispersion for the winter, or something similar.

Just to be clear, the wheels have the tyres fitted and balanced and I’m hoping to sell them as a set. It would be collection from Horsham, W. Sussex. I guess around half the new price is reasonable, so £125 each, or preferably £500 for the set.

If anyone is interested, I have another wheel and tyre. Again CLASSIC 6J X 14" SILVER WHEEL but with 185/60 Avon ZV5 tyre in new condition - this was off the spare wheel carrier.

Happy to sell this with the set above, or individually. Would obviously suit someone looking to add a spare wheel carrier.

• Area Representative

Agree - much too high. £250-300 seems more realistic.

Also agree on the tyres - ZV3s were hardly 'state of the art' when new, and by now will be old and hard - 'ditch-finders' is the popular term I believe.

Ian, Nick, thanks for the advice. I've had similar advice via PM.

I'm happy to be flexible on the price. I figured that having the tyres on and balanced would make it sensible to sell them as is, but I can remove the 'ditch-finders' and sell them on eBay or Gumtree. Perhaps the wheels alone would be of more interest to someone.

• Area Representative

DrJ - no problem.

What would I do? Leave the tyres on the wheels and try and sell them as is - they aren't a particularly popular tyre size, so I think you'd have trouble selling them on their own and given their age, they probably aren't worth much either, plus you'd have the cost of having them removed.

I think you'll sell them for somewhere between £200-300. Some decent pics with your post will help too and thankfully it's much easier to post pics here now - finally!

Good luck!