Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SOLD........CSR 200(+), 2007

NeilCSR

CSR 200 - 2007

sub-24,000 miles

Selling not through any desire to get rid of it, rather through lack of recent use and the fact that for health reasons I now don't have a licence, which might be for life.

5-speed, but not quite standard.  Tweaked and geared primarily for healthy road and touring use, it's not designed as a track day tool.

Unlike standard CSR200s, it's been upgraded to Jenvey Throttle bodies (fitted by Northampton Motorsports).  Guess that it's a bit nearer a 260 than 200.   Replacement - hence remapped MBE ECU - again fitted and remapped by Troy in Northampton on their Rolling Road.  Delivers 234bhp at 7,000 with a (reasonably) flat torque curve delivering 186lbft at about 6k, with 180ish at about 5k.

Serviced by PGM (several times), Zircotech coated exhaust headers to keep engine bay heat down, gearbox check/rebuild (was bit notchy) - done by R&R) and new diff fitted (3.38 fitted rather than standard 3.62 which - checked on RR - gives a 4,000 rev speed in 5th of 92.6mph).

No desire to sell it other than the lack of use I can give it.  Always garaged and in generally very good all round condition.  Bulkhead on rivnuts, new rear wings and stainless chip panels (wrapped clear) as are the front sections of the front wings and nosecone.

Unused since last Summer, MOT due in a couple of weeks time.  Mileage at last MOT was 23,564, last used in August 2020.

Plenty of other (minor) tweaks such as (smaller) suede MotoLita wheel, DIN power sockets (for USB etc. and other aspects that will be seen when viewed, such as rear draught screen fabricated to fit on roll bar, LED (JAL) headlamps and rear lights etc.  All practical and useful additional mods.

Never had lots of miles put on it as MOT history will show.  Always kept cosseted in a garage when not in use.  And as seen from above plenty spent on it over the years (since 2014)

Few more pics added showing rear, cockpit, draught excluder and LED rear light unit, and the Peltor headsets driven off the Starcom.  

Sited in Wiltshire, not far from Marlborough.

CSR_1.jpg.fad45ebedf79aca31d70729d787337aa.jpg

xlarge_CSR_3.jpg.098683c070a0ecdf263d4616f7e43cf7.jpg

xlarge_CSR_4.jpg.89d0d040c6c1cfc004735a358e12c216.jpg

CSR_2.jpg.4224c81cffe261d348b91faa004e5b9e.jpg

Caterham-rear_NSQ.jpg.01ed1aac7b50bd830a4694460398866d.jpg

Caterham-cockpit1.jpg.1189d7dfa815dcc3eb00cbc1f3154baf.jpg

Caterham-draught-excluder1.jpg.449e7bd248a306c20b5466dcc8a1e933.jpg

Caterham-LED-rear-light-unit.jpg.86bb953103a8d5fbcc7f8917898e5612.jpg

Caterham-rear.jpg.7a65447625e959bf7b2a4e34f3bdd6fd.jpg

• Leadership Team

Looks lovely, Neil.  Sorry to hear about your circumstances, though; best wishes that this is a temporary state of affairs.

Might be worthwhile advising what the interior spec is - is it integrated/swoopy dash, or carbon, etc, and maybe what type of seats and belts/harnesses are fitted (I suppose a couple of interior shots would cover it!)?

James

Hi James,

Swoopy dash, standard spec, 4-point harnesses etc.  Only real change internally has been the starcom installation (so that I can hear the other half!)), additional DIN sockets (for USB etc - use the iPhone for SatNav, standard leather seats.

Didn't include any interior pics as it's in the garage, under cover and still not quite up to pulling it out to do a photo shoot.  Those pics used were last Summer's, after the wrapping and wings/nosecone repainting etc.  Minimal mileage since as I suffered a major CA + skull fractures in early Sept.  Then a long story..........  No medical reasons for the ban, just a doctors' 'misinterpretation' of DVLA strictures, which will be unlikely to be overturned as someone would have to admit that they made a mistake.

• Leadership Team

Hi Neil

Sorry to hear all of that.  I've sent you a mail - not about the car but about some DVLA documentation you may find interesting if you are not already familiar with it.

Good luck with your health and, of course, with selling the car.  It looks and sounds to be a good'un.

James