Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CASTLE COOMBE 25/07

punch

• Support Team

I entered at 08:28 on 15th June (the morning after the regs were published) and I didn't get a guaranteed entry :-(

Entries closed on Monday so we should find out soon whether we got in or not.

I've chased up for confirmation of who will be getting entries and who are on the reserve list.

Only the first 10 entries from us are guaranteed, after that entries are allocated after closure, i suspect they will actually be sorting the entries shortlyas the finals are due out on the 16th July.

Hi Chris

Can we add this to the agenda for end of year venue selection?

If it was a case of we are guaranteed 10 entries and then the remainder were on a first come first served basis as an entirety with all the other competitor entries then I think that's acceptable.

However it sounds as if they are going to "select" competitors using other criteria than when an entry was received and I don't believe this is fair for our competitors.

We used to have a similar scenario at Shelsley but at least we were in control of it and were able to rotate the allocation to those who had not driven there etc.  Even so this still felt wrong.

As I am not going to be doing the full championship this year (not enough events) I am happy to give my place to someone who might need it more than me...

Chris can you advise if it is wise for me to withdraw to help anyone out...

Rob

Yey Rob - don't do it on Class 7's part.  I didn't get to race you at Gurston so thought I would catch up at Gurston.  I only entered after Gurston so quite late. 

I just hope that anyone who entered prior to me get an entry before me.

I know of a couple who entered early on the day entries opened and they only received an acknowledgement.

I received an email a few weeks ago saying my entry was acknowledged.  I assumed this meant I had a place, but now not sure after reading this thread. 'Acknowledged' can be open to interpretation as it is not as clear as 'accepted'.

Does this mean I am in, or did everyone get and acknowledgement email from Alan Want?

Acknowledged appears to mean received. 

You should get an email from Alan Want confirming entry or confirming your place on the reserve list. 

i’m unsure If there is an outright NO policy with them if they have a limited number of reserves. 

Dan 

Hi All,

As i had not had e mail confirming reserve place,i e mailed Alan and asked if i did or did not have place  and he has replied yes, ( big relief)  and that reserve lists have been informed today, and confirmed competitors will have notifications early next week when final regs sent out. 

Biggest problem is it is late in the day, if you do not get an entry very late to try and find another sprint /hillclimb to compete in, and although it is the closest venue to my home ,i would find it difficult to support it as a championship round when it is so difficult to get a confirmed  entry, also a relief that i do not have to try and pass on my entry to club trackday at Castle Coombe as i did last year.

Philip