Entries now open for 2021 Northampton Motorsport Lotus Seven Club Speed Championship

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
Richard Price
Richard Price's picture

Hi Phil,

Like Rob, I don't think it's really in anyone's interests to have a tyre war.

I have no plans to use anything other than ZZS's.

that said, I would not exclude any newcomer arriving with whatever class legal tyre they have. I really doubt there is a significant overall advantage to running anything other than ZZSs.

Tony Smith
Tony Smith's picture

It's ZZS for me anyway as I have already put new ones on.

Maybe worth considering an exception for Phil as I gather he needs all the help he can get Rofl

Sorry!! I just couldn't resist that!!

punch
punch's picture

Tony,  

“ just put new ZZS tyres  on” so 2020  spec, in stock for at least a year so possibly 2019 , hope you got a good discount ? , i’ sure they will be fine, as you can make up the reduced grip with the new skills you have acquired !! And you can always change the map on the engine to compensate.   Punch

Hope all is well with you, looking forward to the season which should start in June if we are lucky !!

Regards 

Philip

punch
punch's picture

Tony,  

“ just put new ZZS tyres  on” so 2020  spec, in stock for at least a year so possibly 2019 , hope you got a good discount ? , i’ sure they will be fine, as you can make up the reduced grip with the new skills you have acquired !! And you can always change the map on the engine to compensate.   Punch

Hope all is well with you, looking forward to the season which should start in June if we are lucky !!

Regards 

Philip

Tony Smith
Tony Smith's picture

I can tell from your post that you are well and as up for a fight as usual!!!

All is well with us, or I should say as well as is possible under the circumstances.

I am inclined to agree with you about June, although let's hope we are wrong and its more like April or May!!

Wouldn't a lovely spring day out at Goodwood be fun  Driving  Driving

Fingers crossed

robmar

since when as there been gentlemen in class 3Eek

Tony Smith
Tony Smith's picture

Ouch!!!!!

That's a bit harsh, we are not all like Phillip you know!!

Dannyboy
Dannyboy's picture

my new ZZR's feel very soft you know..... Biggrin 

Tony Smith
Tony Smith's picture

Ok, so it's not just Phillip!!

Dannyboy
Dannyboy's picture

Tony, as you and many others are aware, I like the comaraderie and the wind up! My new ZZS are like Phil's, 2018 or 2019 vintage! 
The advantage comes from the carbon chassis and extensive liposuction on the driver hopefully Thumbup

car is nearly done, just wiring the dash and configuring the sensors which to put it bluntly is bloody time consuming and frustrating for a technical imbecile like myself