Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Northampton Motorsport Lotus Seven Club Speed Championship - Round 06 - Epynt - 2018 Dennis Motorsport Epynt Hillclimbs

Comp Sec

Once again the prize for the strangest venue goes to the Epynt Hillclimb, set in the middle of the Epynt Military ranges, 

I’ve placed an order for brilliant Sunshine for South Wales for the weekend so should be a cracking weekend.

The championship round is on the Sunday and we have an invite on the Saturday.

The 2018 Dennis Motorsport Epynt Hillclimbs

The regulations are now available in the competitors areafor the 2018 Dennis Motorsport Epynt Hillclimbs. 

Online entry system is here - https://www.rallies.info/webentry/2018/epynthill/webentry.php

• Area Representative

how quirky is this place?

Also it says entries close on the 16th June 2018, the day of the event!

Plus does anybody drive there or do you all trailer your car?

And any places to stay overnight that could be recommended? 

There is a mix of drivers and trailers. the venue is not a permanent motorsport venue, as it's in the middle of the MOD training area. imagine a closed road event in the middle of a hilly moorland miles from civilisation and your not far wrong. but I will say its a bit Marmite, either you really like it's quickyness or its not your cup of tea. Personnally I do really and enjoy it.

and yes the entries close on the day of the event...... 

The do get a couple of there locals who turn up on the day with the licence application form, licence payment and the event fee...

I normal camp on venue but if you have a look for B&B's around Trecastle there are quite a few

• 3 weeks later...

Come on lads and lasses. Only 7 club entries so far!

I am sure we can do better than that.

I know you can enter on the day but it would be nice to let Brecon MC know who to expect.

I can assure you the commentary on the day will be entertaining and you may even get the chance to wind up your mates while waiting in line!

As for some of the comments above by the usual suspects you have memories like elephants.

So do I as the last time Mr D attended this venue he failed to negociate the last corner and bent an MB rim or 2. Then whilst on recovery mission in his Beemer fell into the ditch and ruined the wheels on that also. *punch*

Its only because the last corner has been omitted he is returning.

• 1 month later...

The times are in the regs.

6. Time Schedule for both events.

The event format will be as follows:

Sign-on Marshals 08:30 – 09:30

Drivers 08:30 – 09:30

Scrutineering 08:30 – 10:00

Drivers briefing 09:45

Convoy drive of course 10:00

First Practice 10:30

First timed run 13:30

Any driver not signed on by 09:30 may be excluded

Reading the finals hints at competitors-only are welcome at the event. Can spectators visit on the day? I have family in South Wales who have asked about coming along on the day. Is there anywhere for spectators and any facilities?

Jon

great day on the hill. An amazing drive from home to the event, more traffic on the way home. home in 45 mins due to rain and other road users.

Paddock banter good as always and happy birthday Chris for tomorrow. The chocolate cake took me to a new level.

Still do not understand how 54.30sec can leave you frustrated and wanting more?