Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2009 150 Sigma vibration @ 70mph

Scotland North AR

Hi, like everyone else, haven't driven the car during lockdown. Did a 250 mile round trip on small Scottish roads last week, no issues. Today did one 40 mile stretch of dual carriageway at 70 mph. There seemed to be more than a normal vibration around 70 mph felt through the seat rather than steering wheel. Got out at one point to make sure there were still four wheels on the car....there was!

Car has done 60,000 miles, diff refurbished 15,000 miles ago.

Did it always vibrate at this point but I've forgotten over lockdown, propshaft joint(s) worn, rear wheel bearings, weights fallen off one of the back wheels?

Normal roads for me are where the car is seldom in the same gear or at the same speed for very long.

Tyres does seem a good shout as they will have been affected by the lock down much more than bearings and propshaft. Certainly worth getting all the wheels re-balanced as the next step.

Duncan

Nigel, you recently replaced bushes on your rear roll bar and made some alterations to the diff casing to prevent the roll bar from touching it.  I would look there first to see if the bushes are still ok and the roll bar isn't touching the diff. casing.  I don't think you removed the propshaft from the diff did you?

Blue