Click here if you are having website access problems ×

360R cone filter?

mossy7

I am looking at my 2018 factory built 360R and thinking the standard air box and filter arrangement is a bit restrictive. It should be a simple upgrade to fit a cone filter arrangement in place of it. Has anyone done this and can guide me toward the correct items/part numbers I may need from KN or the like? 

Thanks

The standard air box isn't bad actually. I have had one on an engine dyno and it didn't have much depression at the 215 (real not rolling road) hp. The only mod was a k&n panel filter. Fiesta ones fit. You get cold air with it rather than the cone just getting underbonnet air.

Testing on a dyno is one thing but when the car is moving through the air on the road or track, that airbox doesn't really work. The engine is having to work to pull the air in from air rushing down the outside of the bonnet.  I'd rather fit the cone filter under the bonnet, yes warmer air engine not having to work so hard to get the air that it needs.

SKC*byebye*

Has anybody else noted that the standard 360/420 air box intake does not line up fully with the hole in the bonnet? I have seen this on numerous cars. Take a squint through the hole in the bonnet. I can see no adjustment and I got the usual "they are all like that" from CC. These cars, I would suggest, are getting a mix of hot and cold.

O.G.