25 posts / 0 new
Last post
BobM

Must admit I wasn't planning to bother with shift lights. Always seem like a nice idea but in reality I found I didn't use them, found I just got used to the engine noise and power/torque characteristics and learned to shift at the right point.

Thanks for the clarification on the exhaust Chris.

aerobod
aerobod's picture

I don't find the shift lights particularly useful on the road, but when programmed to meet ones needs, on the track they work well for consistent changes at the right RPM.

James

Rattie
Rattie's picture

Worth checking that the "carbon seats with padding" (620 style) will be the SV variant, as the S3 one will flap around in the cockpit. As far as I know there aren't any SV width variants of the race seats. IIRC, the 620 seat is a variant of the Tillett B6, where the SV gets less of the rolled edge trimmed off. This a) leaves less room in the cockpit for the seat to deflect and b) makes the seat stiffer, which also limits the deflection.

£800 makes this a bargain option, since the seats are £2500 a pair from the parts shop, vs around £1300 for the GRP race seats, which are a less than ideal fit for the SV.

BobM

Thanks Rattie, that's one of the things I was specifically trying to establish. When I asked in the dealership if there was a difference between the carbon and the GRP seats the sales guy said he thought so but had no idea what.