Click here if you are having website access problems ×

620 floor (drivers/offside) Tillet boss

CtrMint

Hello All,

I'm just working on the final bow protector for the 620R.  After removing the floor I discovered the floor was different to the 420R and also the 620R passenger.  The two outer fixings, I guess rail, have integrated bosses as shown in the image.  They appear to be branded as Tillet.

My 420R has the same carbon padded seats and both driver's seats are on runners, the 620R passenger side is fixed.  The 420R doesn't have the boss.

Anyone know the reason for this?  I can't immediately see a height difference in the seat, but the seat appears true when in.  I'd like to understand more if anyone has any insights

Thanks

IMG_0552.thumb.jpeg.9229c1d6b8d039c98c59c8a9330f8fbb.jpeg IMG_0551_0.thumb.jpeg.1a8cea66ce1f78824a50f32dd9c3ce34.jpeg   

Not seen those before, since they are Tillet branded possible a requirement from Tillet to spread to load on the mounting, but curious as why only on the outer mounts...

...or the more cynical reply... to level the seats due to wonky floors.... *getmecoat* 

Whilst there out though its a good time to add crutch straps to your harness.... very worthwhile upgrade *thumb_up* 

They are just normal Tillet spacers.  I wonder if they have been stuck them to the floor to make the install easier.   If you put the spacers under the runners then it would be very tricky to stop them moving as the seat is installed.  Interestingly the factory told me recently that they prefer to fit the spacers between the runner and the seat, so the load on the floor is more uniformly spread.   Obviously not all the builders are following that approach. 

The spacers are used to position the seat away from the bow and the tunnel.  In your car case they have been added to tip the seat towards the tunnel, because it probably touches the bow without them.  They are also used to tip the seat back a bit.  Often added to stop your head from being pushed forward when wearing a helmet doesn't.

I think the red would look great on yours - just enough red keeping the main belts black. I find the harnesses fit much better with the extra strap as you don't tend to pull the waist straps up when you tighten the shoulder straps. I really like the them.

I don't think the mounts will currently be used but maybe you can see behind the seats or from underneath to check.

It's a while ago now but yes, along those lines. I remember being careful drilling through the floor. The top hole in the bracket, the bottom hole in the bracket and the hole in the floor need to be inline to pass the bolt through. I don't remember it being hard to do but you are drilling the floor so one go to get it right. I used the correct size drill rather than a cone drill.

I don't have tillet type seats but I would make sure the buckles are adjusted properly before finally fixing the seat in place as you may not be able to access them easily afterwards. Fortunately I don't find the crotch belt length overly critical so you can move the seat back and forth a little without needing to adjust the crotch belt buckles. Hope that helps!

Mark the chassis mounts are used but the long mounting bolt also passes thro the floor so the load is taken in double shear.

With lowered floors the belt would pull up under the base of the seat this prevents this happening. 

pop the seats out and use the chassis mount to mark the hole centre in the floor - straight forward job  *thumbs_up_thumb*  

Thanks Neil, 

I was all set to place an order, Bricol's post is a bit concerning and made me think.   Though I've sat in numerous rally cars over the years all with 6 points, and they do the damage too (apparently).  I need to have a look at how I think I'll sit with the additional strap.  Space is much tighter than a rally car seat. 

I do understand the submarining risk too........