Click here if you are having website access problems ×

620s

Paul van

Not normal , my 620(R ) sits rock solid at idle .

I would take it back to the supplying dealer .

Alternatively ,where are you based ? If your local i am happy to plug it into easymap and check that the TPS is set correctly . They are sensitive to being set up to flow the correct amount of air at idle whilst also being at load site 0 on the map . 

I would also check that the throttle cable has a tiny bit of slack at idle so its not stopping the throttle fully close , for instance when hot ..

My 620s had the same symptoms as yours the TPS as Mark W Suggests is most likely way out.

Mine was at 60% throttle at idle..

My tps is on its 3rd adjustment.

Sadly IMHO.. Due to this and overfuelling my car with 3122 miles has 4 very badly scored Bores.

It has gradually got noisier on startup and sounds like a ring is broken when warm and cruising.

It is now parked up with 3122 miles, no track days.!

I may be just unlucky,

So it is not correct, get it sorted ASAP.

Evening.

I'm going to be that guy, but I am trying to be helpful.  I picked my 620R two weeks ago.  I'm amazed at how steady the idle is when cold or hot, it doesn't hunt at all.  The car instantly fires too, like a normal modern car, totally different to my 420.  The car does idle at 1100, which slightly high, though might be inaccuracy from the tacho.

Assume both cars are of the same generation/era I'd say something is definitely different to mine.

For those that are interested I have found that the best set up for my car is to set the TPS at 0.45v with the throttle fully close and then wind it open to 0.57v to give the correct air flow at idle and to correspond with load site 0 on the map DD66BBE6-68C2-4758-84C9-CB3BEF619F73.thumb.png.b3ea8e8560eccb7f5f5d32174d43fed9.png

It's been suggested that the factory settings are 0.40v and open to 0.54v but I've found that flows too much air for a 900-1000 rpm idle and it also sets the closed throttle position below the first load site on the map meaning that you have to open the throttle 0.03v on the TPS before the TPS map has any effect .