ACE shift lights fitting 310R

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tartanbj
Tartanbj's picture
ACE shift lights fitting 310R

Hi

Ive been trying to fit the Ace shift lights to 310R

I found the right 3 pin connector under dash to right of dials but when I fit the lead from ACE control box I get no reading on Revs from engine and the Rev counter on dash stops working.  Clearly the power is working as I get the 3 question marks on digital read out but no rev reading. 

Anyone had similar challenges and found a solution. Don't want to splice into existing cables when there is a connector that's supposed to to the job. 
cheers

Bruce

ChrisC

Hi Bruce

Not going to be an easy one to diagnose.  Lack of up to date wiring diagrams and recent ECU changes are some of the hurdles you face.   I would want to see if there is a signal on the white and black stripe wire to see if the problem lies with the car or the shift lights (or the configuration of the lights).   

I would use an oscilloscope for this, but that's not exactly a common tool to own :-( 

Can you checked the settings of the Ace with a know working example on a 310R?

Chris,

Obodiah
Obodiah's picture

I've just fitted this unit on my 420R.  On my loom the three wires were each terminated in a separate connector and were cable tied together along with anothe red/white cable that was terminated with heat shrink (ie not to be used).  These are the connections I used:

Green - live

Black - Earth

Black/White - tacho feed to ACEs unit 

Obodiah
Obodiah's picture

I've just fitted this unit on my 420R.  On my loom the three wires were each terminated in a separate connector and were cable tied together along with another red/white cable that was terminated with heat shrink (ie not to be used).  These are the connections I used:

Green - live

Black - Earth

Black/White - tacho feed to ACEs unit 

aerobod
aerobod's picture

A 1K pull-up resistor may be required, I know I had to fit one when changing the tacho feed to my new ECU:

https://www.lotus7.club/forum/techtalk/aces-sure-shift-2-wiring

James

Tartanbj
Tartanbj's picture

Thanks for replies folks. Will have a look for other cables as per Obodiah post. See if I can find them. Maybe the connector I used is not right one after all. 
cheers

Bruce 

Tartanbj
Tartanbj's picture

Thanks I'll look for the 3 cable tied leads. I found a connector that I thought was the one 

ta

Tartanbj
Tartanbj's picture

Thanks I'll look for the 3 cable tied leads. I found a connector that I thought was the one 

ta